• 1 Lotus

|| EDITED AUG 18, 2016 9:36 P.M. ||
[posted OCT 09, 2015]
Published on Amazon July 2018

HER DRUGLORD TURNED HER SAVAGE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON NOW‼️https://www

AVAILABLE ON AMAZON NOW‼️
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07FF1LT51?ref_=dbs_s_def_awm_dirs_l_0&storeType=ebooks

Lotus

Teenage life is harder than parents quite understand. Yeah, they were in our position long ago. But times have changed, and the stereotypes of a pregnant teen remains the same. It was a cool autumn night as I was typing away at my computer, trying to finish up my AP Ancient Literature paper that was due the next day. It was hard to be sitting at a desk with a huge belly. Luckily, it wasn't bothering me tonight, which was a relief.

It was around a quarter to eleven, and I could feel my eyes weighing heavily. Just when my head was about to slam down onto the keyboard, my bedroom door shot open, making me jolt in my seat as I stared at my drama filled boyfriend O'shea that I loved dearly of course.

"Baby, please! I'm the best football player on the team, but I may be on the verge of losing my position!" O'shea paused as he began pacing the floor. Throwing his hands in the air then to the side. "I'm not no damn Steve fucking Urkel! Yo, I'm not smart like you. I'm just not, baby! I'm not gon' make it to graduation. I know it," O'shea said as he stared at me through his thick bifocals.

Just looking at how distressed my boyfriend was, I broke out into a sudden laughter, but he stopped and gave me a squinted scowl. At that moment, I knew he was very serious. Clearing my throat, I turned back to my computer just to avoid O'shea's gaze, whileI tried desperately to finish the last paragraph of my paper. O'shea just stood there staring at me, waiting for my response like he'd never said this to me throughout our entire relationship.

O'shea was always insecure about his smarts. I wished he would just put more effort into his work. Yet, he stayed out in the streets, knowing he had so much potential with football to make it out. He never explained why, which bugged me even more. I could never get over the fact that he was gorgeous and smart, even if he didn't want to believe it. O'shea didn't see that. All he saw was a dumb jock from the hood.

O'shea was my true best friend, and when I got tired of his big eyes burning a hole in the side of my light brown face, I looked back up at him and sighed. "Really, O'shea? Can you please be serious right now? Like, what? O'shea asked . Look at this last assignment you did and this test! Baby, you did this without my help. Do you need to put your head in a clear space? I know you, O'shea said. This gang is tearing you apart. Do you want this as bad as you say you do?" I had to ask him.

This was my one millionth time telling him this. His work ethic wasn't the problem. It was the streets that were distracting him, but to O'shea, that didn't matter. To me, it did matter! It mattered so much because we had a baby on the way.

"Look at me! I'm a retarded thug nigga. I'm not a nerd. The braces, these glasses, the voice... It's all a front! I'm a damn thug, and it won't change, Lotus! We have a baby on the way, and this school thing isn't cutting it!" O'shea said, pulling his glasses off his face and throwing them to the ground. I turned around in my seat fully as I stared him down, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Don't bring our baby into this! We both made this choice, and the school thing is going to get us through life! Do you want to be an all-star football player? Then buckle down, get your shit together, and do this work! You are not a thug, O'shea. Stop labeling yourself as such a thing!" O'shea stood there for a moment soaking everything in that I said before he walked up to me, got on his knees, and hugged me. I rubbed the back of his head as I kissed it.

"Baby, if no one got you... believe me I do. O'shea, I believe in everything you do, but you need to get out those streets. You hear me? This isn't you. I know it. That gang isn't you, O'shea. It doesn't define you. You define you." O'shea nodded against my protruding stomach softly as he kissed it.

"I hear you, Lo. I swear I do. I'll do anything you say to better us, and our baby. I'm going to get out that gang... no matter what."

I hoped and prayed that was true. I couldn't raise this baby alone, and I definitely couldn't be without O'shea.