She hadn't expected Angela to reveal that she had been willing to give up her bidder status for Brady and then taken it back. What could he possibly make of that? She could already feel the weight of his stare and didn't want to look up but her eyes couldn't take the suspense and did it anyway. 

Evey felt the air in her lungs forcibly escape her. She had never seen Brady look like this. His skin, normally tan and perfect, was slightly flushed, his mouth parted and his eyes searching her. He looked like a man trying to understand facts placed before him. He looked like a man who just realized that he was looking at his true love.

Evey could have smacked herself right there for thinking such a stupid thought. Yes, they had a connection. But clearly, she cared more for him than he did for her. She needed to get her head on straight since now she was seeing things.

"And then there was you," Angela continued, looking warily at Brady in the way a loving mom looks at her son who stayed up too late the night before. "Calling me to say that you were dropping your bidder status as well. And then you're back on. Same day, of all the silly things." Angela gave a light laugh. "Kids these days," she added, smiling shyly at Walton who laughed softly, returning the gesture to Angela but eyed Evey suspiciously. 

Evey was only partially aware of the eyes on her. She felt like every inch of her was on pins and needles and could almost her hear own heart beating much too fast. Had she heard Angela correctly? Brady had wanted to cancel his bidder status on the same day that she had? The day of their talk. When she really felt the connection, the deeper one that existed between them. The one that was burning so strong at this very moment that she almost expected to be physically pulled towards Brady by the invisible powerful force.

"Well, it seems that there's been some cold feet on both ends," Walton said, breaking Evey's distracted thoughts. She had to shake her heard to gain some clarity. "So let's be sure this is what you both really want to do before we proceed." His words were for both parties but Walton looked only at Evey. She knew what he mean and loved him for looking after her but she had never been so sure of anything before. Out of words, Evey nodded adamantly in response and smiled. 

"I'm completely sure," Brady said as he solemnly held Evey's gaze. Evey thought that it looked like he was going to say something else but Angela spoke up.

"I know the surprise bidder today was quite a shock to both of you," she said, shaking her coiffed blonde hairdo. "And I assure you I had not prior knowledge of it. But I must say that I felt extremely proud of the way you two handled yourselves. I was a bit surprised of course, given your... rather... rocky start due to the circumstances but you banded together, such an unlikely team, united for a common cause and you won!" Angela's bejeweled fingers rifled through a stack of papers until she selected one. "You both are really something."

We did make an excellent team, Evey silently agreed. Seeing Angela about the set the paper before Brady and herself, she knew that it was time to make her move.

"It definitely has been an interesting turn of events," Evey started off slowly, hiding her shaky hands. "And full of surprises." She nodded to Walton since she was sure he could better state the proposition. Walton gave a single nod back and cleared his throat.

"Indeed," Angela said before Walton had a chance to speak. "And I think you'll find that there's yet another surprise in store."

Evey sat back stunned. That's my line, she thought. Actually, Walton's line. What is going on? Did he fill Angela in when they first arrived to the office?

Evey took a quick stock of the room from Walton's taken-aback expression that mirrored her own, Angela's tiny smile and Brady's self-assured serenity. He sat back comfortably in one of the black office chairs with the hint of a all-knowing grin.