Captured

Doge woke up in a familiar place. He couldn't quite remember where or what it was. "I have been waiting, Doge."
A loud, rumbling voice echoed across the room. It had a slight British accent.
"I wanted to show you that I really am a threat. You thought I wasn't a big deal. Look where you are now." Doge looked around. He was in the middle of an empty room. A dome encircled the exterior of the vast space.

The odd thing was, he wasn't in a cell, or tied up, or even in chains. "Much blast," Doge said. A large beam shot across the room and exploded on impact of the dome. Nothing had happened. "Look, Doge. I'm not going to keep you here. I'll let you go. No worries. I just wanted to show you the extent of my powers. Behold!"

A large door opened and a capsule containing a human appeared. He would think this human would be scared to death and banging on the glass. He just stood there, motionless. The only odd thing was the color of their eyes. The blank, purple eyes stared motionless at the wall in front of them. They were mind-controlled.

"Much evil, such coward," Doge said. He wasn't even able to fight for himself? Hah, what a noob. But this mind controlling really did pose a threat. He couldn't kill another creature, even less a human. With a human army on the Dogerlord's side, how would Doge ever defeat him? "Well, Doge," said the Dogerlord, "you can go now."
"Much fight," Doge said.
"No thanks. Goodbye!"

Doge splashed into murky, green water. "Much sewer, such gross."
He waded in the water for about 10 minutes until finally he found an exit. The only way was to climb a ladder.

Never again.

It took 2 hours for doge to climb that ladder. Once out, Doge found himself in the middle of the city. People walked in large crowds and heavily outnumbered the cars on the roads. Skyscrapers jutted out of the ground and reached for the clouds.
New York?

Left at a cliffhanger for dramatic effect. Congrats.