I love you so [Rin x Reader]

Hi! I wanted to try writing something else, a little bit darker. This is kind of based on Breezeblocks by Alt-J & 30 Minute Break by The Luka State (sorta. i tried).

I also tried to make it gender neutral, tell me what you think :0c
And I'm sorry if Rin is really ooc here! He might've looked less ooc if this was a book instead of a one shot and you could see his personality gradually change... Hmmm...

tw for depressing/negative thoughts, abusive/manipulative relationships, violence.
-------------------------

The sound of the door slamming shut waked you up from your trance-like state. What just happened was the thing you dreaded the most, the thing you hoped would never happen, your biggest nightmare.

He just left you.

When you realized it you jumped up from the couch and stormed outside. This couldn't be happening. You felt tears welling up as you see him, Rin, walking across the street.

With an aching heart you crossed the street, not looking left or right for cars. It wouldn't really matter. You wouldn't be able to live on if he left you today. Without him your life meant nothing.

He saw you, he must've. He didn't say anything as you approached. He didn't pick up his pace or even did as much as look your way. It was as if you weren't there at all.

"Rin, no," you begged when you had gotten to him. He didn't look up. He didn't stop walking.

"Rin, please, please don't leave me, I," you whined, trying to keep up with him. "I need you. I love you."

He didn't bat an eye. Did you really mean nothing then? Was that the truth all along? Was it all a play so that one day he could leave you behind like this? In a blur of anger your hand hit his cheek. The sting of the impact was still present in your own hand after a few silent seconds.

But, it worked. Now he'd stopped. He had stopped ignoring you. He finally noticed you. He finally looked at you.

"Rin, let's forget this, yeah? Let's go back home. I'll make hot chocolate for you," you managed to say in a whisper. His eyes were dark, devoid of emotion. He still didn't speak.

You spoke up again, but a little louder, "Answer me, Rin."

Your tears were falling to the ground now. He looked away once again, but kept quiet. Why was he so cruel? What happened to his loving eyes? What happened to those sweet words he had said when you shared your first kiss? It all seemed too far away now.

"I said answer me!" you yelled out, the built-up frustration becoming too much. Your hands balled up in fists.

He flinched, but looked up again.

"You know I can't, (y/n)."

His voice was tired, broken. It sounded like he hadn't spoken in days. This relationship was ruining him, but you didn't want to admit it. You'd never admit it. You still needed him. You couldn't let him go.

"But," you whispered. It felt like you were choking on your tears. Your throat felt sore, as if it was burning. "But I love you. Is that not... Not enough? Is my love not enough?"

You looked up at Rin, hoping to get some sort of reaction out of him, but there was nothing. He was emotionless, and you knew it was your fault. The guilt was eating away at you. Wiping away some tears you grabbed his wrists.

"Lets just," you gulped before continuing. "Let's just go back, okay Rin?"

You pulled him with you to cross the street, and he went with you with no restraints. Your hand slipped down from his wrists to his hand and entwined it with yours.

"I'm sorry. You know I am right?"

You looked back to see if he reacted, but he didn't answer and he didn't nod. This time though, you didn't care. He came with you, and that was enough.

You whipped your head back to the street in front of you and started humming a song.

"I love you so Rin, I love you so," you giggled softly and squeezed his hand.

"I love you too, (y/n)."