Cow Wow Final

Cat was lying on the table, wearing a pink dress and two pink loops in her hair to fix the plaits. Her head was hurting when she woke up, but Lane had sticked up a sticking plaster on the wound at her forehead.

"Feeling okay?", Lane asked as he noticed her move a little. "Yeah", Cat sighed. "Just got a little head on my bump." Jade looked at her in an irritated way, because it was one of her sentences, in which she accidently switched words. Beck grimaced, because there was a wiener in his punch, but he seemed to be fine with the taste.

It was the day of the Cow Wow, a cowboy hawaii motto party at Hollywood Arts high school. There were punch and hotdogs, the students danced and almost everyone had a date - everyone except for Cat.

Robbie asked Lane if he had went to nursery school, but made him almost freak out, even though he didn't mean to. Lane was the counselor of Hollywood Arts and wanted to know if Robbie was sassing him.

Robbie hadn't meant to criticize him or something and didn't know what to respond, so he just denied it and tried to calm Lane down in his typical clumsy way. About a minute later Lane just said "alright", what Robbie repeated, and told everybody to leave Cat alone to 'let her have some air'.

As Cat sat up, she gladly realised that Robbie was by her side. He was just about to leave like everyone else and without thinking she held him back. He was wearing a blue squared shirt, orange bermuda shorts and a light brown cowboy hat.

"Will you stay please?", she asked calmly, looking into his dark brown eyes pleasingly. She totally understood that he looked away at first.

Every time he had wanted to ask her to go to the Cow Wow with him, she had run away from him, but not because she didn't want to go there with him; they had been best friends for years and to her it was strange to date him now.

"Why me?", Robbie wanted to know. He didn't sound angry or unforgiving. There was more disappointment and a kind of sadness in his voice.

Cat really wanted him to stay with her, because he made her feel like something special and just so much better. She looked down her dress tidying it when she answered: "Cause I want you to stay with me til I feel better."

She looked at him again, hopefully, and to her pleasure, what she said made Robbie sit next to her on the round table. At once she felt glad and warm, but she couldn't bring up a smile.

When she reminded Robbie of Gabriella , his 'dumb date' as she called her, he just smiled in a short laugh. "Nah, I think she likes Sinjin", he simply replied, watching him playing with two sock puppets for Gabriella, who just dumbly laughed "Si, si!", clapping her hands excitedly. Cat sighed to let go of the uncomfortable feeling she had, but it barely helped.

"I'm sorry he kicked in your head", Robbie started, looking in her eyes in a friendly way. Cat looked back in his eyes, feeling warmer, because he looked so friendly now and not unforgiving at all.

"I'm sorry I didn't come with you to the dance in the first place", she replied meaning it, even though he was her best friend. He had made her so happy, only sitting next to her for a few minutes.

Robbie also became happy and warm when he heard Cat say that she was sorry and couldn't not forgive her that she had run away from him for days before. He could understand her. Their friendship had been very special and long. Giving all this up wasn't such an easy deal.

Cat took Robbie's hand, her fingers between his, looking down at them. Robbie looked at their fitting hands in disbelief. Why had she done this? Was she ready to quit their friendship now? He wondered if she would mind his sweaty hand.

As he saw her looking into his eyes again, he asked her if it was sweaty and Cat laughed while agreeing: "Yeah, it feels like a fish." He joined laughing, glad that she didn't mind it.

Cat shortly laughed once more, still unsure about her feelings. She did like Robbie more than a friend and wanted him to be more than a friend, also more than a best friend. But what she didn't know was if she could give him up as her best friend. He was definitely the best friend she had ever had and so it would also be strange to date him.

But before she could get sure about her feelings, Tori and Andre entered the high stage at the asphalt theatre. Tori took the micro and heated the crowd up to hang on to anything they wanted to hang on to, before they eventually started to sing their song.

Beck and Jade were standing in the crowd with their cups of punch, Jade looking up, while Beck held his cup up to them.

Cat and Robbie were still sitting on the table. They clapped their hands smiling happily. During they watched and listened to the new self-written song "Here's To Us" they swang their arms to it, holding hands again, and waved at Tori and Andre.

Jade had slung her right arm around her freshly-again boyfriend. They kissed softly and held their cups up to the stage to heat their friends up.

The minutes felt like hours for Cat and Robbie, even though they were moving to the melody.

When their friends stopped singing, Beck and Jade applauded for them and came up on the stage to congratulate them, at least halfway. Jade only gratulated Andre and so Tori only thanked Beck, but it was just as always, so everyone could deal with it.

Robbie was patting Cat's head bump, what she thanked him for smiling happily. The kind-of-couple was looking at each other smiling. Robbie felt very warm and happy and thougt that Cat felt the same. Hoping he was right, he couldn't hold himself back. He needed to kiss her. Now.

"Can I tell you a secret?", he began carefully, not to frighten her by being too direct. He even shook his shoulders easily, to make her feel relaxed. "Sure", she replied, leaning her ear near him and not knowing what Robbie was actually going to do. He touched her chin to turn it slightly to his face and kissed her. Shortly but intensely.

It felt amazing and was a relief after all the times he had wanted to kiss her so badly but had held himself back.

Her lips felt soft and more perfect than he had remembered the time Cat had kissed him to prove that stage kisses didn't mean anything. Of course they did. At least for him.

Cat was so surprised that she lightly kissed back, enjoying the feeling of the soft lips pressed against hers.

Letting go off her lips, Robbie surely was agitated about Cat's reaction. She was an absolutely mess inside, because she hadn't expected the kiss at all and there was still the fact that she didn't know if she wanted him to kiss her or not.

As Robbie had apprehended, she couldn't help to run her legs as fast as they could to her pink bicycle and ride home even faster, leaving a disappointed Robbie looking after her and leaning his chin on his fist. But at least he had kissed her. He finally had.