I dropped the two in front of me and started taking shots at the third.

"You ugly fucker," Anna growled taking another shot at the one she clipped. One more shot, I prepare to drop the last one, when suddenly Anna is screaming hysterically.

I turn to look at her, confused, when suddenly a seering pain erupts from my leg. I can't help but yelp as I look down only to find a Seikorae had climbed up the wall and now had his claws dug deep into the flesh of my leg. quickly taking aim, I fire down at the beast.

It takes a moment for me to notice the extra set of black horns and black razor sharp teeth. His eyes are also slightly larger than the usual Seikorae's we fight. My bullet chips one of his horns and he growls, unmoving.

My heart races a million miles an hour as we wind up in a mexican stand off. Time seems to freeze and I wonder why he isn't attacking. Finally he moves, his face looking as though he's smirking. He pushes back from both my leg and the wall, flying back and landing quietly on the grass. He pauses for another moment before finally turning and running for the trees. My leg wobbles before giving out as I collapse on the cold surface of the roof.

"Somebody, please, help! We're on the roof, somebody!" Anna screams frantically into the walkie. My eyes fall on the giant puddle of blood now surrounding me. They travel up to my calf now adorned in cuts at least an inch deep.

I hear the sound of the roof door flying open and voices screaming but I can't undestand them. My eyes begin to throb, my head spinning as the world goes dark.

The first sense that comes back to me is my hearing.

"We've been compromised this whole time! And you didn't tell me?" Dawn snaps. "You could have put all of our lives in danger! And for what? Some bafoon?!"

"We aren't compromised, he's not going to turn into one. His flesh is decaying, that's it," Drako defends me.

"Then what is going to happen to him? What about his bones?" Dawn recoils.

"His bones are deteriorating too," Drako whispers.

"So what is happening to him then, if he's not infected," Dawn growls.

"He's dying," Drako's voice is barely audible. Suddenly I hear a small gasp and I realize it's Anna.

"His blood stream picked up the acid. His heart is undoubtedly failing, pumping acid into every inch of his body. I'm surprised he's still alive," Drako continues.

"Are we at risk?" Dawn's voice comes out cold.

"Yes," Drako sounds defeated.

"Then he is to be detained," Shortly after Dawn's reply, I hear a door slam and I can only assume she's left.

Wincing, I'm reminded of today's events by the burning sensation in my leg. I force my eyes open, glancing around, I see Peter comforting a sobbing Anna and Drako staring down at me.

"Where am I?" My voice comes out coarse and dry.

"Janitor's closet, compliments of my sister," Drako smiles a sad smile.

Suddenly Anna is standing over me and smacks me.

"That's for keeping this from me!" She shouts before crashing her lips to mine, "And that's because I-" She starts sobbing. "I just want you to get better."

"Shh, it's okay," I place a hand on her cheek and wipe at the tears. "I'm fine, really."

"No you're not! Stop with all the lies!" Peter snaps from the corner of the room.