Chapter 1【Dawn】

Angry?

Livid?

Confused?

Betrayed?

He simply didn't know what he was feeling or struggled to even process what had just happened, but he knew for certain he had to leave, he had to get away.

He cursed under his breath as he flew away into the darkness, away from his home with Psyche, a mortal he so foolishly fell deeply in love with.

There were not enough words in the world that could describe his overwhelming scrambled myriad of emotions. But two were especially clashing.

Love.

Pride.

Every inch of his body was screaming, crying out for him to turn around go back to his wife who made a mistake. But his chest, an angry red from the scalding oil that met his skin from her shock, was demanding him to fly even higher, farther away, back to the heavens. The pulsing pain was so loud, overshadowing the pleas to forgive her, to accept her and her flaws.

Yes, it was just a mistake and he knew like all of the other Gods and Goddesses that mortals were fickle creatures who stumbled in their flesh constantly, but he had warned her over and over not to listen to her sisters.

He would give her the world and so much more, all she had to do was put a grain of trust in him.

Despite all of the time they spent together, albeit was cloaked in darkness, were genuine. He was already hers, yet she had to go through the initial stage of learning to trust him, learning to trust without sight, a stage he thought they had both conquered long ago.

How foolish he was.

He knew in a world where humans were born conjoined with their soulmate, yet Zeus split them apart, fearing their power and potential, humans were cursed to wander and search for their missing half. He never knew that would be thrust onto him, a God.

It was cruel.

His heart grew weary, as did his white wings, and he began to aimlessly hover in the darkness, engulfed by its complete blackness and void of light and the piercing pain of his heart.

He released a deafening howl, dripping with curses to the heavens, to her wrongs, to his naïve sense of trust, to his weakness.

It was too cruel.

For a god to entrust his immortal heart to a mortal who was destined to shatter it.

For the God of Desire to not have his soulmate requite his immense adoration and love for her.

His mosaic of emotions and thoughts were crippling but one thing was so lucid in all of the murkiness of his confusion.

If I, Eros, God of Desire, cannot be deeply loved than neither can any of the mortals who walk this earthly plane.

A/N: This chapter has been rewritten