Chapter Seventeen-Part 18

Mick led Stevie up the staircase she had admired coming in. She ran her hand up the banister and sighed at how smooth her fingers glided along. "This staircase might be my favorite part of the house."

"You've only seen the first floor."

"How many floors are there?"

"Three and the basement."

"Is it finished?"

"Of course."

"Let me guess, man cave?"

"Bingo."

"Is that why you are showing me last so I don't turn tail and run."

"You catch on easy. I figure after you see how amazing the rest of the house is you will over look the naked ladies I have dancing on the bar."

If she had been drinking she would have spit it out. "You're a real funny man you know."

"I've been told that before."

"Uh huh."

By the time he showed her the second floor and was leading her to the third, they had found their rhythm again, letting the dinner conversation fade away.

The third floor had vaulted ceilings and was used for two rooms. His master bedroom and his office. The office took up a third of the floor and had a balcony overlooking the side gardens. He had a huge desk that looked similar to every office he had, a few papers thrown about, things tacked to boards but mostly organized. "I don't see how you keep track of what is where, and what you need and ah...I can't imagine. My sister and you would really get along in this department."

"Most of what I need is accessed on computers and all mine link up with a password."

"Ah, but still." She looked around and saw the small conference type table and another area with a couple chairs in front of a TV. There was a small kitchen, but held all appliances and a small two piece bathroom off of it. "This is like a loft, just missing the bed."

"Allow me to show you the bed my dear," he said taking her hand and pulling her across the hall. "Wow." Was all she could mange when he pulled her into his bedroom. It was double the size of his office, the bed was lake size and up three steps on a platform. There was a cozy couch and chair area in front of another large screened TV. A small desk tucked into a corner. "Yet another desk."

"I run a lot of companies, keeps me busy," Mick said stuffing his hands into his pockets and almost feeling foolish for having his work spaces everywhere.

"Work-aholic," she said, flashing a grin at him.

"Yeah look whose talking."

"Exactly, if I am saying it you know it's true." They both laughed as she found her way into his master bath and stopped dead in her tracks. "Wholly shit, look at that tub." She turned to him and smacked his arm before saying, "And we have shared my tub, are you insane, we should have been taking baths here." She went over, ran a hand around the rim and just smiled at him.

"Should I run a bath?"

"No, no of course not." He could see her there, he could see coming home from work and finding her in that tub, joining her, oh he could see it too clearly.

"Look at this shower, you could fit fifteen people in here."

"Wanna try?"