PART 2 ------ Picture of Annalise

Start from the beginning

“Oh it’s the new girl. Hi, I’m Esther. As you can see I’m dyslexic. And the freak that I was talking about is sitting alone in the corner.” I really wanted to punch her face right now but I had to go follow River who stormed out of the class room.

“C’mon James. You too G.”

G, James, and I ran after River who ran into the boy’s bathroom. I am not in hell going in there but I have too. Once we got in River was nowhere to be seen. No one was in here except for us three. I wonder where he went. James motioned for me to follow him. He walked towards an ugly looking stall. There was door knob against the wall. It was a door that said River on it. When we walked in there was the ugliest dorm room ever.

“RIVER?”

“In here,” said a voice coming from the bathroom, “only Tyler, not you guys.” I walked into the bathroom and saw river sitting on the bathroom floor with his head in his hands. He looked up and that’s when I saw the blood rolling down his arm. He cuts?

“River, you cut?”

“Yeah? You gonna call me a freak too?”

“No.”

“Well, you should 'cause you wouldn’t know how much pain I’m in right now. I lost my whole family, I’m poor, I’m alone, and I am called emo and a freak daily.”

“River I lost my parents and my brother but I just found my brother today. I lost him when I was 12. I lived alone in a box for 7 years. I lived off half eaten burgers and day old fries. I had to share a sidewalk with a hobo. Five months ago I was brought into foster care. I have never been to school ever. I don’t know my ABC’s and I can’t count. This stuff is all fancy for me. I’ve never celebrated a birthday and I’ve never gotten a gift. To make money I sold my mother’s necklace. It was the only thing I had of her. And this necklace,” I pointed to my neck, “is my dad’s. It’s the only thing I have of him. So don’t go telling me you’re alone because I can’t even trust my brother.”

River stood up and I enveloped him in a hug. He smelled like blood. I didn’t care if the blood got on my white tank top.

“River, from now on you’re staying in my dorm. I’m not going to visit you through the boy’s bathroom okay?”

“Okay, but no one goes into this bathroom.”

“Let’s go.”

River, James, G, and I walked to class together. The rest of the classes went by quickly. And I also learned that G standed for Gerome. And Gerome is gay. My brother picked me up from the gym and interrupted my basket ball game. He let me watch until it ended at 6:00 and brought River and me to my dorm. After he showed us the dorm James, River, Jay and I hung out at the pool. We went back to the dorm at around 9:00. It turns out class doesn’t start until 10:00 a.m.

My dorm was amazing; I was on the 14th floor. It had a California king bed, a couch, kitchen, a flat screen 50 inch T.V. There was also a room leading to another bedroom with the same things except the kitchen, but luckily I’m not dorming with anyone other than River. The fridge was jam packed with everything you would want and the pantry had a lot of good stuff to. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi and a shower.  Out on the balcony you could see a forest, but it was also a good place to watch the sunset and sunrise. I

“River, do you want the balcony room, or the kitchen room close to the front door?”

“I’ll take the kitchen, I like to have midnight snacks and you probably like to watch sunrise and sunset?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“It’s settled then.

I walked into the bathroom to change into a black singlet and shorts. While I was in the bathroom I heard the fridge open and the clanging of pots and pans in the kitchen. When I walked out I saw River cooking. At 10:00?