Chapter 1

My name is Katsu Hisakawa, I'm15 years old, and an orphan.

Until I find a place called CCG and work as a ghoul investigator.

I hate the existence of ghouls.

They are the worst nightmare.

They totally messed up the world, and, ruined my life.

But even that, I put up the best smile I could possibly have every morning.

No one, no one, except Kai knows how I cry myself to sleep every single night.

It's all the ghouls fault.

Every morning I would say this over and over so that I will never forget the purpose of my life.

Revenge.

"Morning, Kai!" I pushed open his bedroom door, and yelled, "Good morning!!!!!"

"Morning..." He curled under the quilt.

"Time to do your exercises, Kai!" I pulled the quilt away and threw it on to the ground, "It's six thirty already."

"Five more minutes please." Kai shut his eyes, put up a finger and said.

"Fine, five more minutes." I smiled, "I'm going to prepare the breakfast, and I'll be doing the exercises with you."

"Got it." He mumbled, sounding a bit annoyed.

I filled the dishes with porridge, and put them on the table.

Kai was conscientiously brushing his teeth, it took him five minutes to finish brushing.

"Aww, where are the bacons?" Kai asked, clearly disappointed.

"I asked you to buy some yesterday but you didn't so ya." I shrugged.

"I thought you are the one who's suppose to buy stuff!" Kai put up his hands.

"A hundred push-ups before breakfast." I ignored his complaint as he sighed.

We both went up to the balcony, and did a hundred push-ups, we both were covered with sweat.

But that already became part of our life.

We sat there and finished the breakfast while chatting about some unhealthy stuff...

And, as usual, we both screamed when we saw the clock.

We both rushed out of the apartment and raced to CCG while blaming and complaining to each other.

"You're suppose to be the clock watcher!" Kai was yelling in the CCG building.

"That was last month you idiot!" I shouted back.

The manager just looked at us miserably and said, "Well, you two still have to write a report anyhow."

Kai gave me another hard look then walked into his office.

Yep, even though he's only 16 and he's an idiot but he still owns an office which I don't...

But you got to admit that he is a highly skilled ghoul investigator.

I went up stair to my little tiny spot where my computer is, and then started to type my freaking report.

I live with Kai in a dormitory apartment which was provided by the CCG, and a year or so had past after the 15th ward ghouls attack.

I am still an officer, but soon I will be on the battlefield, fighting off the ghouls.

I straightened my back, and tried to look happier, but I basically can't because I'm doing a report right now...

At night, about eight' o'clock, I went to the supermarket and bought some bacons for Kai.

On the way back, I heard a strange sound.

It was the sound of ripping flesh.

Until now, I realized that I was in a far-off street, where nobody comes at night.

The sound became closer and closer, and it was making me insane.

I dropped the bag of bacons, and ran toward the sound.

I turned into an alley, and over to the dead end, there was a ghoul, cannibalizing a human.

My first instinct was to run.

But I was so sick and tired of running, so instead, I picked up a club, and then stroke it on to the ghoul's back.

But the ghoul simply hit it away with his kagune.

"I really hate people who interrupts me when I am having a meal." The ghoul said coldly.

I picked up the club again, but this time, my courage was fading, I didn't have my quinque beside me right now.

The ghoul smirked.

I stroke again, but he held on to it, then broke it into two pieces.

It's all going to end, if I don't run now.

I receded, then I turned my head and run without a glance to see the ghoul.

But it was too late.

His kagune wrapped around my neck, pulled me back with a thud.

The fear I had one year ago came back to me, as I struggled frantically.

"Which part should I eat first? Your arm, your leg? Or your eyeballs?" His blue hair moved in the breeze, a ferocious smile was on his beautiful face.

My eyes widened, please no! I pleaded, but I couldn't make a sound.

"I can't just let you die like that, can I?" He smiled.

Then, he let go of me.

I got up immediately as I ran out of the alley.

He laughed, as creepy as the skull-masked ghoul.

It feels like I'm getting closer and closer to him.

"Don't run, little girl!" The haunted sound came.

"Ahh!" I screamed, shaking my head.

Then a flash of lights lit up my hope.

Kai ran down the car, as I fell into his arms.

"Katsu!" Kai shook my body.

I covered my ears with my hands, "He said, he said!" I was going insane.

"Katsu, calm down." Kai comforted me, "It's alright, I'm here with you."

Tears trickled down rapidly as the memories flooded into my mind.

"It's okay, Katsu, he's outnumbered." Kai patted my head gently.

I nodded, "Kai, thanks."

I buried my head into his arms, "Thanks for saving me." My voice was shaking.

Then, I drifted into sleep in his arms.

Author's notes: What do u guys think of the first chapter? And btw love the song Unravel XD, bye!