Chapter 3

"I can't believe your mother never told you we lived so close to big-bucks-ville. Some of the girls would date the guys at their high school just so they could get spoiled. I was one of them. Best. Decision. Ever." I smirked at my aunt's perkiness. She was two years younger than mom, and definitely acted the part.

I looked back down at the three-quarters of an essay in front of me. It's the last assignment from my old school. They always did a big summer thing. It was always only one assignment and would start you off for the next year, but I still have to turn it in, even though I'm not going there this year.

"So your boyfriend bought you your first car, it was many years ago. Calm down Eli." My aunt's name is Elizabeth, but she's always been called Eli. Just like how my name is Annabella, but I'm always called Bella, or Anna, or Bell, or Ann, and Toby calls me Bellsie, but I'm rarely called Annabella.

"I had that car all throughout college. I'll be as excited as I want." Aunt Eli turned to me as my mom rolled her eyes. "So Annie, are you excited about staying with us for a month?"

"Thrilled," I mumbled.

"You should be at least a little excited about this move. Remember that you-know-who is going back to school this year, and now you don't have to deal with him." I froze in place as memories of my ex-boyfriend flooded in my mind. It was a less than desirable experience.

"Eli!" Mom scolded. "We do not talk about you-know-who. She may have gotten out of therapy, but that doesn't mean she isn't still traumatized." I walked out of the room with my essay before the conversation affected me too much.

I changed from a tank top and cupcake shorts to a graphic tee and jean shorts in the guest room. Aunt Eli and Mom scrambled into chairs when I walked back into the kitchen. My looked at me before saying anything.

"Oh honey, change back into your pj's, we're only unpacking boxes, and those shorts won't be comfortable." I sighed before turning back into the hallway.

"Do you want the men to come with you and help?" Aunt Eli asked Mom while I was in the hallway.

"No." I stopped to hear my mom's reasoning. "They won't like the music Bella blasts through the house, and besides, we have Toby." I smirked at how right she was. My cousins aren't fans of my music taste. AKA a mixture of Metallica, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, All-American Rejects, AC/DC, and certain OneRepublic and Imagine Dragons songs.

Don't get me wrong, I won't object to anything on the radio except news and sports, those are just some of my favorites. And I listen to my favorites, a lot.

Twenty minutes later Mom and I were on our way to the new house. Toby was meeting us there.

----

For hours we've been putting furniture into all the rooms of the house, and I finally get to decorate my room.

After pushing my bed into a corner, my desk to one side of the window, and my dresser to a wall, I decided to turn on my music. I didn't put it on at first so I wouldn't get distracted. I placed my phone on my desk and pressed play on a random playlist. I pumped my fist in excitement when the intro to Enter Sandman by Metallica spread through my room. I was already putting their poster up when the lyrics came in. I mumbled along as I began the rest of my decorations.

By the time I was done, I'd rearranged everything so much I was convinced it was my perfect room. I'd made a poster collage on my ceiling around my fan. My desk was organized with my messy touch. Pictures spread across the top of my dresser. I sighed in content and allowed myself a dance break. Perfect timing, too, Everybody Loves Me by OneRepublic just came on.

"Well hell sees a shadow on my backseat, and her friends all standing right in front of me," I sang along, spinning around my room. "Worldwide from the Cimmaron to Turkey. Open up say everybody loves me. And you don't have to make a sound, 'cause they got what you need. Oh oh oh oh. Got love for the people that have warned you. God love all your sentimental virtue. Eight balls with the takers that'll make you. Late calls with the lovers that'll hate you. And you don't have to make a sound. They got what you need. What you need. Make ya say.

"Oh my! Feels just like I don't try! Looks so good I might die! All I know is everybody loves me! Head down! Swaying to my own sound! Flashes in my face now! All I know is everybody loves me! Everybody loves me." I stopped when I heard a tapping at my window. I turned down the volume and walked over, opening the French-door style panels.

"Nice moves Cupcake." I stared blankly at my new neighbor, wondering where Cupcake came from. It was then I remembered the cupcake pajama shorts I was wearing.

"That's not my name." The boy smirked at my response, leaning into the side of the frame.

"Well, I don't know your name, so Cupcake will have to do."

I cringed and turned away, turning the volume back up on my phone. A little while later the song changed to The Mighty Fall by Fall Out Boy. I swayed along, pulling Mr. Snuggle-Wuggle-Bear with me.

"That's quite a taste you got there. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want that blasting into my room at two in the morning. But I feel like music at that hour will be victimizing you, not me." I rolled my eyes and continued dancing, ignoring the boy across from my window. "Can't ignore me forever Cupcake."

"Just watch me Pretty Boy." I walked out of my room with Snuggles in my hand. Leaving my music on and my window open.