It Started With A Kiss - Chapter 21

Zacznij od początku

"You look like crap."

"Thanks I noticed that." I mumbled as I clutched my English books to my chest.

"What's wrong?" Sharmaine asked as she stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"Nothing." I murmured under my breath as I tried to walk pass by her, but she was still blocking my way. "Can you please move? I need to get to class."

Sharmaine shook her head lightly as she grabbed my English book from my hands and held it high in the air. "You are not getting this book until you tell me what's up."

I stared at her in disbelief. Sure she was just concerned about me. Ever since I woke up this morning, my mood went downhill when the two arrogant pricks wouldn't tell me what they were whispering about in Jordan's living room. When I came out of Jordan's bedroom, I found Joshua and Jordan arguing about something. They were whispering, so I didn't really hear them. All I heard was "Tell her", "This is too dangerous", "I can't do this", and "What if its him?"

I interrupted their argument when I cleared my throat and asked them who "him" was, but all they gave me was a "You're not going to school today."

But I didn't listen to them. I don't care if I got beat up a while ago. I'm a strong woman.

And yet my stomach was still in serious pain.

Speaking of dressing up, my outfit for today is beyond horrible. Jordan made me wear his plain white t-shirt and a pair of black, basketball shorts. Yeah I guess Sharmaine was right. I do look like crap.

"Where were you yesterday huh? Why didn't you come to school? Your parents called me and asked if you were in my house, but I said no. I was worried you know? You didn't answer my texts nor my calls. And who's damn shirt is that? Did you finally gave up your virginity to a man you barely knew? Huh? Did you use protec-"

"Drop it Sharmaine!" I screamed as I pushed her to the side and made my way towards Jordan's classroom.

I sat in my usual seat at the front row and put my head down to my desk. My head was hurting bad. I didn't really get some sleep. I was still scared about what had happened to me in the alley. Just the thought of it made me shiver. I was almost raped. I almost lost my virginity.

I heard the bell ring, signalling the start of the class. The constant chatter between my classmates slowly disappeared as they heard the front door open. I didn't bother to look up. I knew it was Jordan.

"Good morning class." Well he sound happy today.

"Good morning Mr. Miller!" A high-pitched voice echoed across the classroom. Damn it Jane. Can't she get enough?

I groaned hard and slammed my fists to my desk. I felt the class grown into silence. Great job, Daphne. You've earned yet another attention.

"Aww what's wrong Daphne? Did your boyfriend broke up with you? Oh wait. You don't have one." Vanessa said in a cooko-voice, which earned laughters and giggles from the class.

I tightened my knuckles hard as I brought my head up and threw my journal to Vanessa's face. "You're so lame, you know that?"

I heard Vanessa whine. "Mr. Miller look! She threw a journal on my face!"

I chuckled to myself and stood up. "And here I thought why Jacob broke up with you."

The class let out a small 'ooo' and glanced between Vanessa and I. We were both staring intensely to each other. The whole class was quiet. I could hear my heart pump fast. I was beyond pissed off.

"Class enough." Jordan said with full authority in his voice.

But I didn't move. Nobody did. Not even Vanessa. I saw Vanessa roll his eyes and this time she let out a small chuckle. "Seriously Daph. Get a life."

"Seriously Van. Get a death." I snapped as I mockingly imitated her voice.

Vanessa squeeled as she sat down to her seat. "You're a jerk!" She screamed as she pointed her fingers towards me.

"Noun or verb?" I snapped back as I sat back down to my seat.

The whole class broke into laughter, including Jordan. I smiled to myself. I guess this day wasn't that bad.

"That's why you don't have any friends Daphne. Your sarcasm ruins your personality." Ah hell. She never gives up!

I turned myself around and faced Vanessa. "Really? Then why did Jacob asked me out this morning?"

It was true. When I came here all grumpy at school, I was greeted by a dozen of red roses and chocolates in my locker. And he was there, standing right beside my locker, holding a teddy bear and a pink rose on his mouth. I felt sorry when I rejected him. I never want to be with him ever again. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

"Daphne he's just using you. You're ugly, cheap, and can't even comb your hair right."

I have had it. I violently stood up and knocked my chair down on the floor. I walked towards Vanessa's seat and wickedly smiled at her. She looked so scared. She better be. "Say that one more time and see what happens." I threatened.

 "What's going on in here?"

I turned around and saw a man standing beside the door. Hold on a minute. He's the school principal! So that means... That means the suspension letter Jordan made was just a fake one! I figured because the letter was for the principal, and a part of it says 'She even cussed me out ma'am.' 

The principal is a man, not a woman. I mentally slapped my head. I should've figured it out when Dawson was clearly giving me the hint of 'I mean in the principal's office. He's not there, though.'

He was telling me that the whole thing was just a prank all along! I guess I was being stupid. I need to talk to Dawson and thank him though.

"Nothing, sir. I was just showing Vanessa how to spell a word." I said in a calm manner as I walked back to my fallen chair. I shook my head and fixed my chair and sat down.

The principal nodded his head lightly and smiled. I guess he believed me. 

"So what I can I help you with, sir?" Jordan asked in a professional tone.

"There's a package on the main office.." He paused and looked at me. "Its for Daphne."