6

They came out on other side of the alleyways and emerged by a large park. The leaves had just begun to fall and the park was smothered in the rich warm colours of autumn. They walked across it, neither of them speaking much until they reached a small play park and a small basketball court. There were no people in sight, they say down on a bench and Chad picked up his basket ball, he pushed on the top and twisted apart the two halves. He brought out a small tin and then reached into his pocked, bringing out a small clear bag.
"Is that what Jason gave you?" Ryan asked,
Chad looked at him for a second, "listen, I don't know why I took you with me... it was stupid really, but since I did, you have to promise you won't tell anyone what you saw ok?" Ryan nodded "I promise".

Chad opened the packed and tipped some of the contents onto what looked like two small pieces of ripped up white paper and rolled them up. He handed one to Ryan and took out a lighter.
"Chad! Do you know how dangerous this is?" Ryan looked down at the small roll in his hand,
"It's just one, and it's not even that dangerous, come on Ryan, just try it"
He lit his own and then handed Ryan the lighter, he hesitated before lifting it to the joint.