Chapter 22: Letting Go.

Start from the beginning

But everything around me seemed to shatter when I took in his angry expression. Why did such an angelic creature have a facial expression of that of a devil? I wondered.

Leo stiffened and turned his head his hands still on my face. I struggled against his grip but he held on tightly.

I studied the two boys with wide eyes. They were looking at each other and it seemed like the two were having an conversation one without any words. I bit my lip nervously and started at Justin. Why was he here? Did he want to talk to me? I wondered but it was a false hope realizing that to him I was just a bother to him.

Suddenly he turned sharply and quickly started walking away. That's when my heart started to race and I trashed in Leo's grip and tore myself away from him.

I ran as fast as I could. When Justin just reached the door of his car I grabbed his hand and said "Hey how have you been." I was breathless and nervous. Slightly regretting my actions but needing to be near his. My hand was tingling as I held onto his wrist for dear life.

He looked at me in alarm the crease between his eyes becoming more apparent as he stared at me. "I've been fine."

"Why are you here?"

"I came to see Marv."

"Oh." I said lamely.

"I'll be leaving now." He said harshly tearing his hand from my grip.

I felt empty at the loss of his touch. My heart ached not to be able to hold him. "But you haven't seen Marv." I said desperately. He couldn't leave yet. Not yet. I needed to see him. I craved him.

"I can tell he's not here."

Then faster than I could blink he got in his car and sped off.

As I watched him go my heart clenched and I grab my chest moaning in pain. I sunk to my knees forcing the tears not to fall down my face. As I gasped for air I realized how pathetic I really was. But I couldn't stop my want for him. I needed his touch. I needed him. But as the deeper and deeper I feel into despair the more I knew how much I needed to let go.

--------

Days passed and finally tomorrow was the wedding. Justin would finally be married and my last hope for being with his was finally lost. As I played with Caden in the yard I knew I was finally over him. Well I tried to make myself believe that at least.

Leo and I made up. He agreed to finally give up on me if I would just go on one date with him. I begrudging accepted his proposal and was currently waiting for him to pick me up. I was a little nervous. I looked down at my clothes and scrunched up my nose in discontent.

Lily had excited dressed me up curling my black hair and applied makeup to my face that made my skin itch. I was wearing sandals with a bit of a heel that were bright pink that matched my silk top perfectly. I had on a black flowy skirt that reached just above my knee.

I mean the past three years I was used to wearing less but still it felt awkward now. It didn't seem entirely normal to dress so girly. As Caden kicked the ball back my way he said "Im glad you're back sissy."

I smiled and said teasing "aren't you too old to call me sissy."

He stuck his tongue out at me but said nothing. That's when Leo pulled up in his new car. The past few days he got an apartment and bought a car off his father as he planed on moving back home. I still remember when he told me. I couldn't help but laugh because his roommate was none other than my crazy best friend. Lily decided she didn't want to go back to the city and when she heard Leo was getting an apartment she jumped at the chance to occupy the second bedroom. And after a lot of pleading and annoying 2am calls begging him he finally agreed.

I had told her she could stay in one of the guest rooms in Kelly's house but she didn't take me up on my offer. Insisting that she do this on her own. She got a job at a restaurant in town and is happy. She asked me if I was staying and I couldn't give her an honest answer. I wasn't sure yet.

"Hey!" Leo said getting out of his silver car. "How are you doing squirt?" He asked Caden rustling his blonde hair.

Caden scowled and said "stop touching my hair."

Leo just laughed and looked at me "are you ready to go."

I nodded and walked up to his car. As he held the door open for me he said "by the way you look beautiful." He said this so sincerely his green eyes shinning.

"Thank you." I said as I got in the car. Once I was buckled I looked nervously out of the window and worried about just what I was getting into. And as we pulled out of the drive way I could swear I saw a wolf in the distance. But I couldn't be quite sure. But for some reason I thought it was Justin's wolf.