Chapter 2: His Butler, Innkeeping

Ciel and Sebastian were about to go home to make preperations for dinner, when Shana appeared before them. Ciel was shocked. “Who-who-who are you? W-w-where did you come from? How did you get here?” Shana looked up at him and his butler. “Hey. . . Where am I?” She asked. “This is London, England.” Sebastian replied. Shana got up and looked around her. She saw that everything looked old-fashoined. No vehicles, just horse carriges. “Everything looks so old-fashoined here. . . are you sure that I'm in England?” Shana asked Ciel and Sebastian. “Yes, and this is the year 1888.” Ciel replied. Shana was shocked. “1888?! What's going on here?!” Shana asked. “That's what I'd like to know,” Ciel replied, “I wonder where you came from besides that light you just came out of.” Shana explained to them everything that had happened. Where she came from, how she got here, who she is and what she does. She also explained to him about the ways of the torches, Denizens, and Flame Haze of the Crimson World. “So you're telling me that you're this Flame Haze, who fights these monsters called Crimson Denizens which devour human exsistences?” Ciel asked. “Yes.” Shana replied. “And you're from the year 2013, and you got to this year by being sent through a time portal by this kid and his Denizen butler?” Ciel asked. “Yes.” Shana replied. “And these torches that you speak of. . . they are replacements of exsistences of humans that were consumed by these Denizens and would vanish in time?” Ciel asked. “Yes.” Shana replied. “Hmmm. . . I believe you. . .” Ciel replied, “ALONG WITH THOSE HAPPILY EVER AFTER FAIRY TALE ENDINGS!!” Ciel sarcastically laughed. Shana was annoyed by his remarks. “Grrr. . . Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” She yelled, “What I'm saying is the truth!” “Really? So, am I a torch too?” Ciel asked. “Yep.” Shana replied. “Really?!” Ciel asked with a surprised look on his face. “Nope, just kidding.” Shana laughed. Ciel and Sebastian were annoyed. They were not going to waste anymore time. “I don't have time for your childish games.” Ciel said, “Let's go, Sebastian.” “Yes, my lord.” Sebastian replied. Just then Shana sensed the presence of a Denizen nearby. “Hey, kid and his father,” Shana called. “What now?” Ciel replied, “I told you I don't have time for-” Shana then placed an unrestricted spell on both him and Sebastian that would allow them to move around in seals, which are used in fights between Flame Haze and Denizens. “I'm about to show you that what I'm saying, is the truth” She said as she put up a seal. Then the Denizen appeared before them. It appeared to be a young man in a tuxedo with blonde, spiked hair. “Time for me to eat some humans.” he said. “Not so fast!” Shana exclaimed as she rushed toward the Denizen with her sword. She swinged, but the Denizen easily blocked the attack, even though he was preoccupied with comsuming the human exsistences. Ciel and Sebastian were stunned ny what they were seeing. They have never seen such things. After the Denizen consumed some existences, he turned around and saw Ciel and Sebastian. “Ah! You look delicious!” he said to them. “Sebestian, move!” Ciel exclaimed. Sebastian was about to strike the Denizen, but then Shana struck it, thus defeating the Denizen. Ciel was surprised by what he was seeing. When Shana put her sword away and removed the seal, Ciel could see the flames in some bodies, and then suddenly vanishing. “So that explains it,” Ciel said, “that's how these people have been dissapearing suddenly. We'll have to report this to the queen.” “Now do you believe her?” An echoing voice said, “And when those torches dissapear, everyone who knew that person will forget that he or she exsisted.” Ciel looked around cluelessly to know who was talking to him. “Who said that?” he asked. “It's the Crimson God I'm contracted to, Alastor the Flame of Heaven.” Shana replied “Alastor?” Ciel said. “I see. . . well then, Sebastian, let's go.” “Certainly, my lord.” Sebastian said, “And good day to you, ma'am.” For a second, it seemed as if Ciel and Sebastian had forgotten that Shana had come from a different time period. “Wait!” Shana called as Ciel and Sebastian were leaving. “Now what?” Ciel asked in an annoyed tone. “I'm from the future, remember?” Shana said, “I got here by accident and I need a way to get back to my time period.” “So then, maybe that butler will come find you and bring you back to your time period.” Ciel said. “Are you crazy?! He'll do that, then he'll kill me, and destroy Misaki City!” Shana exclaimed, “We need to find a way back to my original time period!” “So? You're a Flame Haze, so you should be capable of defeating that butler.” Ciel said. “That kid's butler is very strong.” Shana explained, “He gave me this bite on my neck that weakens me, thus raising his chance of easily defeating me.” “A bite on the neck that weakens. . .” Ciel said, “Denizens. . . Flame Haze. . . Torches. . . You know what? I could actually use someone like you.” “Me?” Shana asked. “Yes you,” Ciel replied, “I find you quite interesting. How about it? Let's work together. You work with me on tasks that I receive from the queen, and in return, I shall work with you to find a way back to your own time period, and hopefully put a stop to that kid and his butler that plans to kill you and destroy your city.” Shana was confused by what Ciel was saying. It seemed as if he actually had feelings for her, and she had feeling for him. “That's what I was actually hoping you'd say.” Shana replied with a smile on her face, “Let's work together.” “Very well then,” Ciel replied, “My name is Ciel. I am the current head of the Phantomhive family.” “Nice to meet you, Ciel” Shana said, “My name is Shana. I am known as the Flaming-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter.” They both shook hands. “And I am Sebastian Michaelis, butler of the Phantomhive family.” Sebastian said. “Nice to meet you too, Sebastian.” Shana replied as she shook hands with him. “Now then, let's go back to the manor, shall we?” Ciel asked. “Yes, my lord.” Sebastian replied. Ciel and Sebastian departed London to go back to the manor, with a new ally on their side.