Scolded.

Tina POV

I woke up her to my alarm sounding and yawned. What time was it? 6:00 in the morning. "Ugh." I groaned as I noticed the time in the clock. I hated getting up early. Why on Earth anyone would want to get out of bed this early was beyond me. Pulling my pillow over my head I tried to block out the annoying alarm and go back to sleep.

"Tina you had better be getting up." My step father warned and I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"Good morning Tina. Did you sleep well?" mom asked as she placed a plate full of pancakes, bacon and eggs  in front of me. Before I could respond my step father entered the room.

"Good morning dear." Mom said giving her husband a peck on the cheek. To which I just rolled my eyes. I hated seeing the two of them being all loveydovey.

"Ugh! I lost my appetite. If you'll excuse me I have homework work I should be doing."

"But you barely touched your breakfast. Are you sure your not hungry?"

"I'm really not mom." I replied pushing her plate away.

"Your mother slaved over a hot stove to make you a wonderful breakfast and your going to sit down and finish your plate." Maurice said with a frown.

"I said I'm not hungry." I replied pushing the plate further away from me and rising to leave the table.

"If that's the way your going to behave then perhaps you should go without food for the rest of the day. Perhaps then you'll learn to appreciate what you are given." Maurice replied.

"Whatever. Like I care. I wouldn't be hungry anyway, with all this mushy stuff going on." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" My step father asked rising from his chair.

"None of your business!" I muttered again.

"That's it! I've just about had it with your attitude young lady!"

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it Maurice?" I questioned challenging my step father.

Maurice POV

Sarah was shocked, "Tina...." Sarah started to say something else but I held up my hand and shook his head. Sarah knew that meant that I wanted to deal with this myself.

I frowned I didn't want to have this argument again and quite frankly I didn't have the time. Tina smirked as if she had actually succeeded in shutting me up. Satisfied she turned and walked up stairs.

"That is it! I've had it! I tried being nice and I've let her attitude slide so far. I figured that she just needed some time to accept our relationship and then things would get better but Sarah I can only handle so much."

"Honey she's approaching her teenage years it's only going to get worse before it gets better."

"That is unacceptable. Either she starts treating us with the respect we deserve or I'll send her to my father's military school. Sarah, the punishments there are nothing she's ever encountered before. My Father has no qualms about physical punishment. The punishments he's created are designed to break ones spirit."

"The General delights in breaking sprits and believe me he's looking forward to having her attend his school. He won't be easy on her because she's family he will be ten times harder on her because of that. I guarantee that she will be miserable and by the time she comes home for her first break she will be a shell of her former self. That's the last thing I'd want to happen but if that's what needs to happen in order for her to start respecting us then so be it."