A gentleman and a scholar

Mr James Rosen called on Kitty the next day. This was much to her surprise and delight. They only walked around the fountains, but when they arrived back Kitty's cheeks were flushed. Mrs. Bennet beamed and then proceeds to bombard Kitty with questions when Mr. Rosen was only slightly out of hearing distance. Kitty decided she would rather spend the rest of the day in quiet recollection than with her vexatious mother.
The Darcys gave each other a silent look and grin to themselves. The fires stirring inside their stomachs were stoked each time a new love was brewing.
Time drug on. Elizabeth continued to throw up her guts every few hours every other day, James Rosen and Kitty took strolls, and somehow Mrs. Bennet was becoming less of a nuisance. However, amidst all of this boring country life that seemed to tire you even to be sitting, there was happiness. One night they had James Rosen over for dinner.
He pulled up in his fine carriage with lovely horses and sedately strolled into the fine house. The doors were thrown open and he was announced by primly dressed servants. He was welcomed by a crowd of smiling faces. The Bennets and Darcys stood in a near circle around the door. Each was excited to see him. Kitty gave him a little wave, unable to help herself, and he blushed and smiled in return. The Darcys cordially greeted him, made pleasant conversation, and then led him to the dining room.
The long table was laden with foods. It was almost a feast. Some would call it one. The Darcys, however, called it supper.
The proper chairs were taken and then everyone was sitting and stuffing themselves, in a polite manner of course. Delightful conversation was drawn up and circled around. Eventually the spotlight was on Mr. Rosen.
"So, Mr. Rosen, what do you intend to do with this life?" Fitzwilliam asked after a few cups of wine. "A gentlemen like your father I suppose."
"Well... Instead of a gentleman, like you say, i have been having thoughts of pursuing a career." Said Mr. Rosen with his chin perked up a smidgen.
"A career?" Elizabeth asked without judgement. "In what I might ask?"
"Law."
Kitty smiled and Mrs Bennet ooohed. It seemed as if everything for Kitty was fitting into place.