James Rosen

The guests arrived to a mansion making music. The newcomers were to wait in the grand entrance room for a small announcement and then taken to the ballroom. Once the many people had joined the room and most of the guests were accounted for, the Darcys stood at the top of the grand staircase across from the entrance. The entire room hushed in humility for their hosts to proceed. Fitzwilliam's strong, beautiful voice said, "I would like to welcome you all to Pemberly." The crowd clapped and a few whistled. Fitzwilliam then spoke more measured and carefully, "I would also like to announce that my... wife is with child." He then grinned wildly and Elizabeth blushed. There was a moment of silence, Mrs Bennet gaped, Mr Bennet choked on his drink, and the miss Bennets looked at each other and grinned. After the silence, the crowd burst into rapid applause and whistles. The Darcys made their way down the stairs. They were congratulated by many. Eventually the guests were taken down the great halls to the magnificent ballroom. The band stood above everyone on a balcony stage. The shaking violins met with the clinging pianoforte along with various other instruments of beauty. Once the music surrounded the ballroom, couples jumped into dance. The Darcys stood side by side smiling to themselves at this accomplishment. The first ball of their union had its moments, but this party was something to memorize for its tasteful grandeur and excess of happiness. Many people were introduced to the Bennets as well as the Darcys. Kitty and Mary danced with more men than fingers could count. Elizabeth and Darcy were the first on the dance floor and were the light of the party. The others bowed down to their extreme felicity. At the end of this lovely affair of bouncing feet and playful music, no one desired to leave. The good natures of the many men Kitty and Mary danced with left them in exquisitely pleased dispositions.
Their cheeks were flushed with exercise and happiness. Many of the names and faces would be forgotten, perhaps all, except a Mr. James Rosen. Kitty was enthralled by him and kept remarking to Mary about his handsome looks, while Mary was quieter but had brightened eyes that followed him around the room. Mr James Rosen stood as tall as Fitzwilliam himself with dark brown hair, a joyful smile, and warm chocolate eyes. He asked Kitty to dance with him twice, she was his favorite, and the Darcys noticed.
Later that night as the Darcys were crawling into bed, Elizabeth brought him up. "I think we know which of our incredible guests caught the eyes of my sisters," said Elizabeth as she pulled the covers up to her chest. She was watching Fitzwilliam as he undressed and mentally remarking on how fine he was. "Indeed. Mr.Rosen seems to have a happy disposition, a comfortable income, and his easygoing nature is remarkable. All the girls were watching him. But I believe that he felt something extra for Kitty," said Fitzwilliam as he slithered into bed beside her. "I suppose then that it is settled. She must call upon him in time." Said Elizabeth. "If he does not call upon her first," said Fitzwilliam with a warm smile. He was remembering the time he went to Mr. Collin's home in Rosings just to see Elizabeth.