"I offered!" Rain protested.

"I'm not talking about the lift. You know what I'm talking about".

I couldn't hear their voices anymore. I sighed, just standing there. Julie thought I was taking advantage of Rain. She thought someone like me wasn't capable of being genuine. I thought that maybe I should distance myself from Rain for a while. I would hang around with him, but in the company of others.

*

I got home and put my stuff away. The group had agreed to meet around 2. I took a nap and ended up oversleeping. I took the bus to town at 2, arriving 15 minutes past 2. I got out at the bus station and walked a couple of blocks to the rolling rink with the name Rolling Cherry.

Even though it was during the day, the roller rink was sunless, giving the impression that it was nighttime. It was indoors. The lights were on, but were a bit dim. Overall it created a sort of romantic feel. The room was big, with the rink in the middle and a couple of tables and chairs set to the side. There was a snack bar and a karaoke room too.

I spotted my 'friends' at one of the tables. They were talking and laughing while putting on their skates. I walked over to them.

"Finally you show up", Jordan said.

"Hey guys. What did I miss?" I asked.

"Jazz doing some crazy dancing moves on the rink", Anthony said.

Jasmine gave him a disapproving look.

"I didn't say bad, I said crazy", he said.

"And you think crazy is nice? Here Jules, hold my shoes", Jasmine said pretending to be angry.

We all laughed.

"Have you guys skated already?" I asked.

"Yeah, except Rain. He's really scared of falling", Jordan said.

Rain gave him a look.

"I'm gonna go again. Who's coming?" Jasmine said.

"I'll just get my skates", I said.

I got my rollers and changed my shoes. I met the others on the rink. Rain still hadn't come, though I noticed he already had his shoes. He was sitting on one of the tables with Julie. I momentarily thought of going there and asking him to join us, but dismissed the thought. I had to stay away from him for a while.

I rolled for a while with the others. It was fun to just glide around the rink and shout all sorts of nonsense. Jasmine was warming up to me. We actually did a race and she danced for me. Her moves did kind of seem crazy, but I enjoyed watching her just get loose.

Jasmine left to go to the bathroom.

"Hi", a voice caught me by surprise.

I turned to see a blond there. I had seen that face before, though the last time I saw her the hair had been messy and the make-up not so perfect. She really looked better this time, even beautiful.

"Hi", I said with fake enthusiasm.

"I didn't think I'd bump into you", she said cheerfully.

"Me neither", I said.

"I haven't seen you since Pete's party".

Ah...that party. Truthfully I didn't remember the second part of it. The part after Rain left was a blur to me. I knew something had happened between Gina and I, I just wasn't sure what. I hadn't seen her either after the party, though I knew she went to our school.