"What's in there?" I asked quietly.

"Just go in the room," The voice behind me snapped. "It's as simple as that."

I had a feeling of what-or who-was in there.

Swallowing heavily, I heard Niall open a door. It let out a little groan as it opened. My heart thudded in my chest as my feet mechanically moved me forward past the door. Just as I passed it, I jumped in the air when it closed behind me. I didn't expect it to make such noise.

By now I was trembling all over. My breath was ragged and coming in short breaths. My eyes searched the overpowering darkness in front of me, trying desperately to see whatever was hiding in it.

This reminded me of the night in the alley, when I couldn't see him except for that lightning bolt. But this was worse. Much worse.

He could kill me.

I waited. I stayed put, my feet implanted to the floor, in fear of falling over.

And then a voice came from a few feet in front of me, "Are you by any chance afraid of the dark?"

It was him. I recognized his voice.

I strained my eyes, looking for any sign of him. But once again all I could see was pitch black. That was it. But I could sense his presence. I can't explain it, but I knew he was there. My arms had goose bumps lining up.

I stiffened when I heard footsteps come closer to me and come to a stop. "Do you know who I am?"

I hesitated. "Yes."

"You asked your friend?"

"Yes."

"I'm curious," To me, he sounded amused, "of what she told you." When I didn't answer, he said, "Tell me what she told you, Claire."

How the hell did he know my name?

I took a breath-having to remind myself to breath-and answered quickly, "She said you were dangerous."

I heard an inhalation of breath. Did he just laugh? "That's all she told you?"

"She told me you were part of a gang." I continued, stumbling over my words.

"I'm not part of a gang." His voice got low all of a sudden, losing all sense of amusement.

My eyes widened slightly.

"You...aren't?"

And then-suddenly, his breath was right in my ear. "I am the leader of the gang."

I flinched away from his voice, stepping to my right. My heart felt like it was going to burst through my chest now, and I gasped from his sudden closeness. I didn't even hear him move!

But then his voice was back, only now it was in my other ear. "I'm not just part of the gang, you see. I call the shots. I run the show." His voice took a seductive tone, and when I felt his arm touch my waist I stumbled over my legs and went sprawling to the floor.

I could almost see him standing over me. I could see him moving in the darkness. In fact, it looked like the darkness itself was moving. Was he human, or a dark, eternal being? Trembling in terror, I watched as he stood there. I felt his eyes on me, watching me in the darkness.

"W-what do you want from me?" I choked out, using my arms to move backwards. I had to stay away from him.

"I just wanted my jacket back." He replied with fake innocence. "Did you by any chance bring it?"

My heart sank. I knew I didn't bring it.

"It is common courtesy, you know." He continued. I heard him moving closer. "I did something nice. I lent you my jacket when you needed it, and this is how I get repaid?"