He looked down at his chest then turned to her, shock written all over his face.

"I'm alive," he said softly before standing and pulling her into a brutal hug. Well, it would have been brutal if Annie had been human.

"Of course you're alive," she soothed, rubbing his back. "You just had a bad dream, that's all."

"A dream?" He pulled away from her and looked around the room. "We're in Bristol."

"Well, yeah, we live here, remember?"

Mitchell went and looked out of the window as if trying to confirm their location.

"Mitchell, what's going on?"

He turned back to her. He knew he'd sound insane if he told her how he really felt.

"Nothing. I was dreaming, that's all," he said softly. "What's the date?" He asked.

"28th of March. Why?"

"What year?"

"2009. Why? What's going on?"

Mitchell sighed in relief and sat down on the side of the bed.

"Mitchell, tell me what happened?"

"Nothing," he shook his head. "Nothing happened. Just a bad dream, that's all."

"How long were you asleep?" Annie asked, throughly perturbed by his reactions.

"Not long, I just took a quick nap when I got in from work."

"Mitchell, that was yesterday." Annie frowned. "Today was your day off."

"What do you mean, was?"

"It's six o'clock."

"I've been asleep for a whole day?"

"Looks like it."

"What do you mean, it looks like it? Either I have been or I haven't."

"Well I haven't been watching you, I've been in and out all day."

Mitchell frowned.

"So this isn't normal then?" Annie asked. "It's not some vampire thing you just forgot to tell us about."

"What? No!" he dashed a hand through his hair. "Look, I was probably just tired, that's all." He got off the bed and headed downstairs.

Annie trailed after him. He was hiding again, like he usually did. Why couldn't he just tell people how he felt? Was it really so hard?

"Tired people, even really tired people, tend wake up when you shake them."

Mitchell ignored her as he entered the kitchen and began making himself a coffee.

"It's probably nothing, Annie, just leave it."

"Fine," Annie sighed. "Don't tell me." She stormed off.

Mitchell turned to the doorway, considering going after her but he still felt strange. His dream had been so vivid. The Mitchell from his dream would have gone after Annie to comfort her. This Mitchell though? Well he and Annie were just friends, not lovers.

"Oh good, Annie said you were awake." George said, joining him in the kitchen. He sat down at the table looking like a puppy who had just been kicked.

"Yep." Mitchell felt disconnected and tried to remember what had happened yesterday. It took him a while because it felt like so long ago. "Nina still giving you a hard time?"

"Is it that obvious?" George asked rhetorically.

Mitchell shrugged.

"Coffee?" Mitchell asked.