Insight into my world

"Okay, here we are. Sorry if it's messy, I haven't had time to clean because of touring and all that stuff", Sonny said, opening the door. "Come in", he said, waiting for me to enter first.

It was a huge living room, painted in white. There were two beige occasional chairs, a center table and a TV. The wooden floor was light brown and shiny, and the room smelled like cinnamon.

I expected something different from Sonny, like a red living room with tons of furniture or something like that. He has changed a lot, apparently.

"Follow me, here's my studio", he said, going upstairs and opening a beige door. It was a green room, it had many band posters on one of the walls, a bed, a nightstand, a dressing table and a desk. "Don't look at me like that, this is my studio. Did you expect a fancy room with a soundproof chamber?" he said, grinning.
"Well, yeah", I said, really surprised.
"I wanna get an actual studio, meanwhile I make music here, and when I need to record vocals, I visit my friend Joel, he has an amazing studio."
He walked to the desk. He sat down and pointed to the chair in front of him. "Sit down, go ahead", he said.

He opened his MacBook and typed a little bit. Then he opened Ableton and pressed play. He looked at me, happy and proud.

"Breathtaking", I said, trying to say more stuff but no words came to my mind.
Sonny smiled.
"It kinda reminds me of the stuff you made with From First to Last, but with more effects", I finally said.

"That's what I always wanted to do. I didn't know how to make it real. The closest I got was Waves Goodbye. I tried so hard to figure out how to bring my thoughts to life. I finally did", Sonny said, closing his MacBook. "When I left the band, I felt relieved. I always knew I wasn't gonna stay there forever, I saw it as a step, not as a final destination. This project is also a step I must take in order to get to where I wanna be. That's why I moved to Atlanta. That's why I moved here. I dreamed so big that I took you for granted and now that you moved here I'm not gonna make the same mistake again."

"I understand, you wanted this more than anything in the world. I'd probably have done the same", I said.

"This song I showed you needs vocals, would you like to help me with that?", he asked, getting up from his chair.
"Sure!" I said, getting up as well.
"Oh thank you thank you thank you!", he said, hugging me.

"Have you ever eaten at Famiglia restaurant?", he asked me, sitting on his bed.
"Nope, I usually eat at McDonald's or Two Bros", I said.

"Wanna go? They have a really good pizza. I'm sure you'll love it", he said, really excited.
"Why not?", I said, sketching a smile.
"Let's go then", he said. "Sorry, we'll have to use the subway, I fucking crashed my first car a few years ago and I haven't bought a new one ever since."

"No problem", I said, chuckling. "I like that recording that says the next stop and all that."

"Yaaaay, I thought I was the only one. Everybody looked at me in a weird way, like, are you kidding me? I used to tell them to shut up so I could record and sample it. I think. I did... yeah, in 'Farewell'. I chopped it, but yeah, I got it from there", Sonny said, taking his backpack.

We went downstairs.