Chapter 8

Joel's POV

Richard looks at all of us and then says,"I've been thinking about everything that has happened. From the moment you met Arabella, to now. I've come to a conclusion, but I want to hear it from your own mouths. So with that in mind, I have a question for all of you."

We all look at Richard, scared as to what he might ask us.

Finally, he says,"Are you in love with my daughter?"

We all stare in shock as we realize what he just asked us. How could he have found out? Worried as to what he would do, I tried to lie.

"What? Richard come on you know that Ara is our sister now. Wouldn't that be wierd?" Richad looks me dead in the eye and I lower my head, unable to lie in front of him.

Seth grabs my shoulder and looks at Richard. He breathes deeply, and then says,"We don't want to lie to you in the face, so I'll be the one to come out and say it. We all are in love with Ara." We all stare at him, confused as to what his motives were for telling Richard.

Richard clenches his fist and soon hits the wall. "How long? How long have you all loved my daughter?" He asks, hurt in his voice.

Seth walks towards him and says,"I don't know about the rest of them, but I've loved her since I first saw her. It just took me a while to realize it."

Richard looks at all of us, studying our expressions."Did you all fall in love with her when you first met her as well?" We all look down and nod slowly. Oh boy, here it comes.

When we all think that he is gonna yell at us or hit us as hard as he hit Nick, he just quietly leaves the room. What was that about?

Richard's POV

How could I have not noticed this? They have been in love with her the whole time I was gone!? My blood began to boil as I thought of all the things the could have done to Ara while I was gone.

"I need to protect her from them, but how?" I began to mumble this over and over. I knew I had to do it sneakily because Ara would never forgive me if she knew what I was thinking.

I need to make sure my little girl is safe. For me and my wife.

Arabella's POV

As I am in the kitchen, Melissa walks in and gives me a huge bear hug. "Oh sweetie, I missed you. Did any of my sons cause you any trouble?"

I look up at her and give her a small smile."No, they were all good to me. I'm glad I stayed here because I feel closer to them now."

She smiles back at me and begins helping me in the kitchen. As we continue cooking, my dad walks in. 

"Ara, can I talk to you for a minute?" I look at him and notice a sad expression. His eyes were red and puffy too. Was he... Crying? 

"Uh, sure dad.." I leave everything to Melissa and follow my dad into my room. He shuts the door behind us and sighs.

"Sweetie, I really wanted to tell you this later, but now I think is a good time since no one else is around." He reaches into his suitcase and takes out a packet. I open it up and find a letter from someone I thought I would never speak to again.... My mother.

Dear Arabella, By now I might be gone due to my illness, but before I leave you and your father in this world, I want to tell you something. My dream since the moment you were born was for you to follow in my foot steps and go to the academy for the gifted young women and improve your talents. I know you may want other things in life, but as my last wish, please go there and become the beautiful young lady I know you can become. You may not understand why I would want you to drop everything and go, but one day when you are a mother, you will learn on the love and dreams you give your children. I'm sorry I can not be there to support you every step of the way, but just know that I will always watch over you.

Love, mom.

My eyes begin to tear up as I read the letter over and over. I look up at my father, who is crying too, and I give him a hug.

"Dad, mom wants me to go. Will you understand if I leave for a few years?" My dad pulls me out of the hug.

"Of course, I completely understand. It was your mother's last wish. I figured that you would want to go, so I already contacted the private academy and they said they would be honored to have you there."

I smile at my father. Why is he so understanding? a lump wells up in my throat."When am I leaving?"

He frowns,"In 2 hours, I'm sorry, but I couldn't get any other time." I look up at him and kiss his cheek.

"Don't worry dad, it's fine. Should we tell the guys and Melissa?" 

My dad thinks for a moment."No sweetie, I'll tell them. You just get packed and Melissa is going to take you to the airport. She already knows, but the boys don't. Don't worry, I'll break it to them easily."

I smile, wiping the tears from my eyes."Thank you." I hug my father for what seems like hours and I finally let go.

"Well, I should let you get to your packing. Good bye sweetie. I'll miss you so much."

I blow him a kiss and he catches it and puts it in his pocket."I think I'll save this for when I miss you alot." He closes the door and I chuckle. He's such a dork.

Richard's POV

I walk towards the room where the guys are all sitting. They stare up at me when I come in.

"Let's all go for a ride." I say. They all look up at me in confusion. 

"Okay, we'll go get Ara." Chris walks towards the door, but I stop him.

"I need to talk to you guys privately. Let's go." They all stare at eachother wondering if they should come, but they all agree.

We take 3 cars, mainly because they were all too scared to come in my car with me driving. We drive for  about an hour and a half until we reach a small lake. They come out of the cars and walk towards the bench I'm sitting on.

Seth clears his throat,"So what did you want to talk about?" I stare at the ducks swimming in the lake, not bothering to look at them.

"I never told you how I felt about you guys loving my daughter." They all stare at me in shock, wondering what I'm going to do.

"I don't accept you guys loving her, and I'm gonna keep you guys away from her as long as possible."

They all begin to glare at me and mumble things under their breath.

Dylan loses his calmness and yells,"Well you can't stop us from seeing your daughter.. In case you haven't noticed, we live with her."

I turn my heads towards them and smirk."Not anymore."

They all freeze, shocked at what they heard. "W-what do you mean?"

"Arabella is leaving in less than half and hour to the airport. Seeing how we are over and hour away, you guys won't be able to stop her."

Anger shows in their eyes, and before I have time to say anything else.. They run towards the cars. I sigh. I'm doing the right thing.

Jake's POV

We all race home and dash towards Ara's room. Inside, there was nothing but a few scraps of music sheets. Nick ad Joel drop to the ground.

"NO No No No!" They shout over and over. Mom soon hears the shouting and runs in.

"What's wrong sweetie?" She asks, concerned for Nick and Joel mostly.

"Where did Arabella go?! Where is her stuff!?" 

She looks surprised."I took her to the airport about half an hour ago. She should already being flying to the academy by now. Didn't Richard tell you guys." 

A lump forms in my throat. She's... Gone? I didn't even tell her how I felt! 

Soon, we all drop to the ground and begin sobbing. Arabella's gone, and we don't know where.