High School Advice

You know, last year I was a freshmen in high school....I had no clue how high school was going to be...but throughout my freshmen and sophomore year I have learned a lot. High school isn’t easy, there’s always going to be something there to stress you out but you just gotta relax, take a few breaths and keep your head up. People think that high school is going to be better than middle school and they think that they can slack off when it comes to homework and their classes but in actuality if you do that your basically ruining your future. When you don’t try in your classes and you start realizing that your grades are going down I don’t see why you would be surprised. Those grades aren’t just there for you to look at and say “oh, well who cares if I have a bad grade..I’ll still pass.” the truth is you probably won’t pass because not only do those grades help with your GPA but they also help with your credits. You have to have a good grade point average to get into a college, and you have to have enough credits to graduate high school. Yeah, you can graduate high school with all 4 years of nothing but D’s but that’s not going to cut it when you want to get into college. Most colleges out there aren’t going to accept you because they are going to look at your transcripts from your high school and will think “oh, well this kid got nothing but straight D’s throughout high school, that either means they just don’t care about school and getting good grades or they just don’t try so we’re not going to accept them.”

What I’m trying to say is high school will never be easy. High school will be full with rumors, stress, drama and a lot of work. You can’t just say “oh, I can pass with straight D’s.” because that’s practically saying “I don’t care about school or my future.” You have to try your best in high school, you can’t slack off because that’s not going to help your education. If you try, if you ignore all the stupid drama and all the rumors then high school will be a lot easier than what it’s made to be. Granted yes, there are going to be a lot of classes you won’t like but it’s part of life. You can get through all these trials if you just keep your head up, try and never give up. When you fall, get back up, wipe the dust off your pants and keep moving on in your life...I have struggled throughout high school but I will tell you that with all this thinking and praying to God, I have realized that nothing is impossible and things will get better. Yes, there were times that I wanted to give up and yeah..there were times where I was like “I just wanna drop out of school because it sucks.” Not only did God help me through all this but my family and friends have also helped me a lot and I want to thank you guys for helping me. Rumors are rumors, who cares...the only thing that matters is that you know the truth.

Drama is drama, ignore it and don’t get upset about it. Life is life, yes it will be hard and there’s going to be trials but you can make it through all of this. I will admit that I’m not the same person I was when I first started high school but I will tell you that I’m glad I’m not because before high school I was someone who didn’t care about school and just wanted to get school over with but now I realize that school isn’t that bad. Yes, I have made mistakes and I did learn from them....but life is life, nobody is perfect and I’m not really sure how many people will read this but I just thought I’d share what was on my mind today. I’ve been struggling a lot lately with school but I know that God, my family and friends will always be here for me. Praying really does help when it comes to struggles and not knowing what to do, just get on your knees and pray. God really does help, many people think he’s a bad person but he’s not...God is such an amazing person and not very many people realize that. There’s so much stuff that I want to say but I can’t because the bell is about to ring and I have to go to my next class...I don’t know who will read this but I hope it helps someone who is struggling in their life right now.