CHAPTER 3

Just as the sea loves the sunset, the clouds love hovering, the wind loves playing with the tree branches.

Just as a little girl loves roses, a little boy loves video games, an arrow loves the bow.

Just as the sun keeps shining, the river flowing, the stars twinkling -
the feelings I have for you will keep growing... stronger each day.

Maine Mendoza, this man writing this note is declaring his adoration for you.

Forgive me though for I cannot keep it bottled any longer.

Sitting behind his desk, he repeated his official love letter to Maine in his mind. This was the 90th time and also the same time he has contemplated on throwing himself off the window just so that he would stop reliving such an embarrassment.

Of course, she didn't know it was him but still he couldn't bring himself to look at her during lunch break.

He feels that when he looks at her all his secrets would be revealed. His feelings felt like they were reflected in his eyes. And he didn't know a thing whether it was obvious or not.

All he wanted to do right now is bury his self alive.

And now it's pure torture to wait that dreaded day that Maine would politely and gently reject him.

Laughing at the other guys' heartbreak was coming back to him now. Karma was such a bitc- jerk, he amended.

Well, he thought, let it come sooner than later before he fall deeper for her. Better to be rejected as soon as possible. Less agony. Less heartbreak.

But the thought of a guy being with her other than him was like a knife being plunged deep within him, twisting and then stabbing it all over again. It wasn't such a healthy image for a young man to imagine.

But he prided himself for coming up with such a good love letter. Who could have thought right?

He was certain none of his friend would have an idea that they have a friend who has been converted into a half-assed rated poet.

Oh and dash it all, his little sister wouldn't be the death of him. He would die of utter shame. Yes, when his body would be autopsied the result would be "died of shame, he is."

Very funny. That is if you have a twisted sense of humour.

When Alden got home that day, his mother was already in the kitchen asking him for a minute so that they could talk. He rubbed his neck as he walked inside the kitchen and kissed his mother on the cheek.

"Hello, mom."

"Have a seat, Alden." His mom instructed him while stirring a pot of something that smelled like some sort of soup. He'll find out later at dinner time.

"Okay," He took a seat on a chair and rocked it back and forth. "Is it important?"

"Yes and stop rocking your chair or you might fall off, break your neck and then I'll be devastated," His mother reprimanded. "Your agent called and there's an event soon, in two months or so. The event's organizer practically pleaded for a certain Alden to appear."

"Oh," Alden said. "Okay."

'That's it?"

"Uh, what do you want me to say, mom?" He looked at her then to the dripping spatula.

"That is so cool or Great! Another event!" His mom animatedly expressed herself. Proof is the soup droplet on his cheek.

"You know I'm not like that," He sighed and wiped the droplet with his thumb.