Chapter 9: I Have You.

"I feel like a cocoon." Jordan admitted awkwardly. He really did look like a cocoon, all wrapped up in the huge blankets James brought him. But I guess I shouldn't judge, I was the one who wrapped them around him. I bit down on my lip to keep from smiling, so I wouldn't make him feel embarrassed, but it was hard when he looked so adorable in his bundle of sheets.

James laughed at him, despite my obvious attempt to conceal my laughter. "Well you look like a cocoon. You couldn't have just pulled the blankets over him Tom?"

I shook my head no. He needs to be as warm as possible, and simply laying blankets over him isn't gonna do the trick. Besides, I like cocoon Jordan.

Jordan rolled his soft brown eyes and scoffed. "He just wants to see me suffer as much as possible. He proved that point when he poured scalding water over my freezing body."

Oh come on, I only did it to save his limbs. Frost bite can freeze off parts of your body if you don't treat it properly.

But...I may have enjoyed his little bath a bit more than I should have.

"Keep...you safe." I attempted a convincing smile.

He rolled his eyes a second time. "Yeah yeah, that's your excuse for everything."

I shrugged causally, because I knew that'd make him even more irritated. My theory proved to be true when he groaned, obviously annoyed.

After that, there was a long silence. James was sitting cross-legged on the floor, fiddling mindlessly with an etch-a-sketch, but he was too far away from us for me to see what he was doodling. He looked pretty invested in it though, his tongue sticking out slightly and a look of determination in his bright blue eyes. Ugh. These mixed feelings are killing me. Again.

Talk to Jordan. Jordan wants attention and he wants my love.

"Jordan...n-need anything?" He looked pretty content sitting there in his blanket cocoon, biting at his cracked lips as he watched James doodle too.

"Well...I don't wanna sound needy or anything but...I kinda need another inhaler...and some food...and-...you know what just forget about it. I'll be fine." I watched him shift a little in his blankets, trying to loosen them up so he could move. Aw. He's afraid he's annoying me with his human needs.

"J-James? Help get...inhaler?" He's usually good at going on scavenger hunts. I remember back when it was just us, we'd make lists for each other to try and find the weirdest objects we could think of. One time James put me up to finding a protractor. It took me weeks to find one, but I finally did when I went with a hoard one day to an old school and we broke into a classroom full of living. On top of one of the desks was a protractor. James was so salty about it, sure that I would never be able to find one.

I miss scavenger hunts.

He didn't look up from his doodling went he spoke. "Yes, just give me one second. I believe I'm almost finished."

"What are you drawing?" Jordan asked timidly.
James let go of the small knobs and held up the large red rectangle, showing an amazingly detailed drawing of...me and Jordan. Jordan looked like he was sitting up on a tree, smiling down at the earth below him. You could see every little detail in his face and his body, from the small quiff of his hair to the stubble on his cheeks. I was standing below him with my arms outstretched, an almost human smile on my lips. He detailed me too, putting extra emphasis on my dimples and my eyes. It almost looked like a scene from a movie, or a poem I'd read before with James, a Shakespeare poem I think. Romeo and Juliet. It was one of my favorites, because it was so sad and tragic.