New Things Comin'

Start from the beginning

"Im his manager Derek," Noonie said as they greeted him as well.

"And I'm -" I was about to introduce myself, since I noticed Mr Fontainebleau glance at me, but he looked away and continued talking to Noonie

"Pleasure to meet you all. Please. The others are awaiting us in the boardroom upstairs," he smiled and ushered us to the elevator.

I found him extremely disrespectful for cutting me off but kept quiet, since August was the main focus after all.

***********
August

We all entered a room with prolly 15 other people already seated around a huge table.

They all gave us warm smiles before we took seats as well.

"So Mr Alsina, we'll provide you with all your needs since you're now a part of the Def Jam family," a woman finished off speaking

I nodded, still caught up in the fact that this was really happenin....after all da hard work and hustling. But I knew the real work was only bout to begin.

"And since you have a manager and a stylist contracted to-" she went on but I frowned

"Hold up. Stylist?" I asked her befo she could continue

"Uhh yes," she said looking over at Eva. " isn't she your stylist?"

Eva looked up at me wondering what the hell this woman was talkin bout

"No maam. This here is ma girlfriend," I corrected her.

"Oh. I just assumed, accept my apology," she said to me and Eva

Eva nodded silently, before the lady continued.

We were 2 hour into da meeting befo finally getting a break.

"August Alsina," a freckled face A&R man came up to me and shook ma hand.

"You know...there's already some guy who goes by the name of August. We should make it more creative- how about August September,"

He nodded his head at his idea

I looked at dat foo with this blank alress stare. Motherfuckers outchea was dumber than I thought....

**********
Eva PoV

After a long day of meetings and a tour of the building, we had finally headed back to our hotel. I was mentally exhausted but didn't want to let August think I wasn't being supportive so never mentioned it to him.

As I lay back on the bed, he hopped on pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you for bein there ma," he said as he placed a kiss on my cheek

"I could see in ya eyes you were bored to death at some point," he said as I smiled out of guilt.

"I was, and I'm happy for you Auggo but thank God that parts over....tomorrow we can go see the city," I said growing excited

"Oh shit. I forgot to tell you. That Fontainebleau nigga said it's customary for new artists to have brunch with him and L.A Reid. So I gotta do that tomorrow." He said to me

My spirits fell," Oh ok. Well maybe afterwards you can meet me wherever I am at the time"

He nodded and gave me a kiss on my forehead, " I sure will"

****************

August had gotten the label to get me my own driver to take me where ever I wanted to go in the city. It was pretty cool but...I would've preferred his company of course.

"And last place I wanna go is the Empire state building," I told the driver whose name was Collin.

I decided to save it for last so by that time August would've gotten back and we could go there together-as well as Noonie.

I visited the world Trade Center sites, liberty island, the Brooklyn Bridge as well as central park. It was about 4 in the afternoon and only place left on my list was the Empire State.

"Are you ready to go to your final destination madame?" Collin asked me in his British accent.

"Uhh just a minute collin. Lemme make a phone call," I told him as I dialed in August's number.

"Hey ma," he greeted me as I heard laughter in the back

"Babe where are you? I thought you said you'd be done by 3?" I asked him.

"I know baby. It's just that while at brunch, we ran into Jay Z....so we ended up at the lounge on the hotel rooftop chillin' with da nigga," August said with a smile

"He was just tellin me bout when he first began his career...you should hear da typa shit he done ma- that nigga is inspirational," he explained to me

"I bet he is," I said lowly

"I know I was sposed to meet ya but Ion think we gon be done for another hour maybe,"

"It's cool august," I replied him

"You sure? " He asked, maybe sensing my disappointment.

"Yea yeah...I am," I pretended to brush it off.

"I'll see you tonight at the hotel then," I said before we ended our call.

I guess this is being with an artist is gonna be like. I thought back.

"Can you take me back to the hotel?" I asked Collin

He frowned slightly and looked at me through the mirror before agreeing.

"Madame....just a word of advice," he began as I looked up at him through the mirror

"If you dont want to be forgotten you have to make yourself unforgettable," he said

I frowned, " Whatchu mean?"

"Im saying I've seen far too many wives and girls friends of celebrities get left behind because they were too shy to step up to limelight right next to their significant other,"

I kept on listening to him.

"Next time you're with him in a large crowd or setting. Stand next to him - not behind. And when you introduce yourself, speak up and give as firm a handshake to anyone that they'll see that you're a force to be reckoned with," he smiled as I did the same

"Thank you Collin," I said feeling appreciative of his words

"Now...where to?" He asked again.

"How about Midtown...Manhattan," I said as he gave me a head nod and went on to driving......

***************
Been a long time coming (this update) lol

So...can Eva actually step out of her comfort zone and into the spotlight with August?

Should she even do that??

Or should she play it calm and cool and let him adjust to his new life?