"Let me go get Brendan," Marc offered. "He doesn't have a car and I think he's at his studio, which is why he isn't answering."

The dean didn't seem pleased to be waiting, but Marc promised he would be quick. He stalked out of the office and picked Ariel up from where she was sitting. "is Mr. Snowden in trouble?" she questioned curiously.

"Yes and no," Marc explained. "He could be in trouble for something he didn't do, so we have to try and help straighten it out. We're going to get him from the studio."

Ariel let out a squeal of excitement at getting to go back, not entirely grasping what all was going on. Marc navigated his way to the studio and parked along the curb like an asshole. He held Ariel's hand on the way in, having to pull her along as she kept trying to stop and look at things.

He found Brendan in the back with the presses listening to music. He saw Marc and pulled out a headphone with a smile. "Hey, what's up?"

"You have got to pay attention to your phone," Marc hissed, the harshness of his voice making Brendan's face fall.

"What's going on?" Brendan asked.

"One of your students' parents is claiming that you..." Marc glanced down to his side at Ariel. "Well, with a student."

Brendan frowned before his eyes widened. "Why?"

"The mom is just blowing air about her daughter being alone in rooms with you after school too much. They've been trying to call you and so have I," Marc bit his lip. "And I kind of put it out there about us, but the dean still wants to see you."

"Mother—" Brendan stopped short as he pulled off his pair of long nitrile gloves and started to undo his apron. "And here I thought I had time for the studio. No." He ran around to quickly put some saran wrap over his ink and scribbled a quick note about there being an emergency and that he would be back for his mess.

He fidgeted the whole way in the car, biting the side of his thumb and glaring intently out the window.

"I'm sorry if I outed you," Marc realized a little too late. "I just didn't know what else to say. They didn't want me in there."

"it's fine. I mean, I'm sort of out. Most of the other teachers know. I don't know if the dean did, but oh well," Brendan muttered. "Do you think they're taking in seriously though?"

"I don't know. I think the dean is catching on it's just hogwash, but they were still pretty on edge in the office," Marc warned him. "It was Alice that overheard it all and was trying to find out where you were."

"Well, fuck," Brendan sighed.

"Dollar," Ariel piped from the back seat, sticking her hand out between them.

"Not right now, Ariel," Marc replied gently. "That one was okay. Besides, we don't do cuss bucks."

"Eric's parents do," Ariel pouted. "I want a dollar."

"I'll give you a dollar later, sweetie, just not right now," Marc said as they were pulling up to the school. "I need you to stay with the receptionist again, okay? Brendan needs to go get himself out of trouble."

Marc gave Ariel his phone inside and set her up to play some games before chasing after Brendan who was already half way gone into the offices. Marc caught up right as Brendan let himself into the dean's office. "What's going on?" Brendan demanded defensively.

"I just want to hear it from you," the dean sighed tiredly. "Mrs. Lowery is saying you have an inappropriate relationship with her daughter..."

"I'm gay," Brendan stated firmly, waving a hand over to Marc. "And we're dating. Talk to our friend Alice about it, or my student Terri. They all know too. And yes, students hang out in my room after school, but as a safe place or to keep working on art. I keep the door open. Sometimes there's only one student and sometimes there's a whole group."