(Chapter 1)

.July 14, 1990.

"I just don't see why the hell I have to go with you to this pool party. How did you even manage to get an invite? You don't even know N.W.A," Reyan asked her best friend Camille as she stood in the mirror doing her hair.

"I told you already I met up with MC Ren one night after attending their concert, and he invited me to the pool party," Camille shrugged.

"And what does that have to do with me?" Reyan asked, resting her hand on the dresser.

"He said I could bring a friend and what kind of person would I be if I didn't bring my best friend in the whole world with me?" Camille gushed, matching Reyan's stare.

"Believe me I would've been alright," Reyan replied, before returning to her bathroom.

She and Camille both shared a two-bedroom house in South Central L.A. Both girls had known each other since they were little girls and since Reyan was an only child and Camille wasn't as close with her family, the two considered each other sisters.

There was no one in this world that Reyan trusted more than Camille, not even her own mother. She and Camille had an unbreakable bond, one that would carry on forever.

Reyan was never big on making friends, but Camille was the one person she could go to for anything, and the only one she could tell her deepest darkest secrets to.

"Yeah well, you're going...who knows? You might find someone you maybe interested in," Camille shrugged as she put on her earrings.

Reyan turned and cocked her hip to the side in an attitude, while she folded her arms together, "like who? Ice Cube was the only one I actually found attractive out of the entire group and he been left remember?"

"I don't know maybe Dr. Dre? He's kind of cute," Camille suggested.

Reyan snorted, "ha! Please not even on my worst day," she said cockily, which made Camille roll her eyes.

***

The drive out to Malibu proved to be a long one for Reyan. She stared out of the window in silence the entire time as she became lost in the sky. It was sunny today and the pretty blue sky was free of clouds, yeah it was indeed a beautiful day.

Soon as Camille pulled up in the parking lot, she placed the car in park, "ok, now before we go in there I need you to check your attitude right now," she said, eyeing Reyan.

Reyan turned from the window and looked at Camille, "what are you talking about? I don't have an attitude."

"Listen Raye Raye, I know you don't want to be here, but trust me, if you give it a chance you'll see it's not so bad." Camille said, before opening the door.

Reyan just sighed and followed suit. The two girls walked down the path until they reached a big mansion-like home. The entire street was flooded with cars, all attending the famous pool party she presumed.

There was a sign on the lawn signaling anyone who was attending to go around the back, so the girls followed directions and walked to the back.

Reyan's eyes bucked once she noticed just how much of an outcome this pool party turned out to be. There were people everywhere dressed in bathing suits and summer gear.