Chapter 11

Moonlight glinted off the silver cliffs, the sound of waves crashing against the rocks echoing in the still air. A small grove of trees grew on the edge of these cliffs, with a few lean-to's built against the wood. A girl's blue eyes shone from the leaves of an elm tree. The girl was in the tree alone, where as the other trees were all occupied with multiple people. Slowly and quietly, the girl crawled down the tree, her lithe body clad in a thin cloth barely covering her chest and legs. Her long, curly red hair was waving softly in the slight breeze. She dropped to the ground, and grabbed a large, curved bow from behind the root and slung it onto her back. She crept away from the campground, her large bare feet padding softly against the sharp rocks. 

"Where do you think you're going?" a cold voice said

The girl froze, and slowly turned around, her blue eyes wide with fear. Standing behind her was a woman nearly identical to her. She had long, flame colored hair and eyes as blue as the midday sky. She was clad in the same apparel as the girl, but around her neck was a amulet made out of polished rocks, feathers, and a wolf's claw and held in her hand was a monstrous bow. She walked foreword, silent as a shadow until she was a foot away from the girl. 

"Why are you running?" 

"I have to escape. I can't be what the great Aurelia wants me to be. I'm not cut out for that role. You know that, Faye"

Faye nodded, her eyes glinting with tears.

"But why? Can you not try? I need you sister"

The girl threw her arms around Faye, and said with a watery voice

"You know that that isn't the path I am meant to tread. I need to escape these cliffs and see the Great Forests."

"I think your wrong, Amelia. I know that you're meant for this path, but you have to realize it for yourself. Here, take it"

Faye took off her feather necklace, and held it out to Amelia, who was looking at it in shock. 

"I can't take that. The tribe needs it. It symbolizes who we are, who the Sky Lines are."

Faye shook her head and gave her sister a small smile.

"No, Amelia. The Sky Line tribe is made from and descended from people like you. Take it, it belongs to you" 

Speechless, Amelia lowered herself to one knee, and allowed Faye to place the amulet around her neck. She clasped her sister, their bows both dropped to the ground. 

"I will miss you" Amelia cried softly

"Don't worry little sister, we will meet again. Until then, may the Moon guide your flight and the Sky watch your back"

Sniffling, Amelia kissed her fingers and touched her forehead and gestured to Faye.

"And may the Moon and Sky be ever present in your soul"

"Goodbye Amelia"

"Goodbye Faye"

And with that, Amelia turned and ran, her feet barely making a sound on the rocks as her sister watched sadly as she ran away.