His Eyes

His Eyes

One-shot express written by Andrewniel Kyle Perez

Genre: Tragic | Romance
All Rights Reserved 2014

Foreword
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events, and/or incidents are either the products of author's imagination or used in fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, or actual event is purely coincidental.

----------

My father torturing my mom with a whip frightens me. I saw myself in the darkness, my young self rather, hiding in a corner. Each of my innocent eyes shed tears as I try to cover them as to deny reality. I generate strength towards him as my young fist punches so hard, but he uses his palm to shield himself and push me to stumble on the ground. Moments from now, he turned his attention to my helpless mother to strangle her. I'm feeling useless, I can't even defend her yet I can only cry.

I woke up today again with that nightmare having myself dripping wet with sweat. It's been a decade since that memory started to haunt me.

I'm Tyler Ace Perez and here's just another normal day of my life, no one notices me as I take my seat in the corner. But this time, I guess I'm wrong. A girl occupied the seat right next mine. One thing that made her oblivious is her big eyeglasses. WAIT, A GIRL? Haven't I told earlier that I don't used to be with Eve's race? It's just that I found mom irreplaceable who raised me alone. Another thing, my usual nightmare just portrays how cruel love is & I don't want that to happen to me.

She's just sitting right next mine but I started to act crazily. Weird.

Our professor then arrives and commanded the transferee to introduce herself.

"My name is Adrienne Yngrid Lopez. That's all." she then left a captivating smile and sat to her place right next mine. She greeted me that my eye widened but I still greet her with mutual abrupt ignorance.

Almost all of my classmates on my last unit left. I noticed Adrienne sleeping, allowing half of her face visible to my sight. Well, she's pretty, though short in height, maybe 5'1, has a very fair complexion, a chestnut colored natural hai- Hey! Am I admiring her?

The next day turned beyond usual. The next thing I knew, Adrienne has been tapping my shoulder to offer me half of her lunch for I was lazy enough to buy lunch. I refused but she insisted so we just ate together.

Her concerns grow a lot more. She even pays me a visit at my house once. How'd she known my address? I don't know.

Days just passed and I'm feeling really weird about her. But as early as possible, I am trying to quit things out. And so I ignore her as much as I can. We still have classes and I notice her writing on her notebook. Later on, its dismissal time and I gone first and so as to avoid her. I noticed her running from the corner of my eye and so I stepped faster but didn't made it obvious for it would break her inside. It hurts, but it was supposed to. I hate what I am feeling, her concerns, and her friendly gestures. I love and hate it at the same time. I hate myself for loving her.

The next thing I knew, she was crying in front me, asking what have she done wrong. She asked why I am ignoring her and I admit I don't know why.

"Is it really wrong to love you, Ace?" she then asked between every silent tear.

I generate strength and answered her then.

"Yes, indeed. I am the wrong person, and I can never be the right one, the right man.. I can never be, I will never be." I answered while trying to grip my tears. She tries to persuade me and help but I decline.