Chapter 13 - My First Baby

Start from the beginning

"Mansi hey good morning, "  I greeted the familiar face at the door and immediately hid my hands behind my back.

"Hey Hi Nandini, good Morning I need a favor please please like pretty please.."

Mansi was a neighbor from 7th floor. She was a little older to me but we had become good friends and more so because of her super duper cute 4 year old son Adit. The favor that she needed was I had to babysit Adit for a couple of hours. She had an important official work and her husband and in laws were out of station so I was the next best option also because Adit was very fond of me and vice versa. I happily agreed before thinking twice. Adit was also super excited to be with me because that meant he could have all the chocolates, all the puddings and cartoons and games everything that the little soul had to forego when he was with his Mom. Mansi left and I carried the little one in my arms inside. As soon as Adit realized he is a free bird now, he leaped out of my arms and began jumping and running all over.

Manik had still to know about the micro mini guest in our sweet abode. I was not sure if he was fond of kids or not but Adit was so cute that no one could help himself but fall for him. Manik was freshening up and Adit was measuring the whole house with his small steps while I made some coffee for us and chocolate milk shake for Adit. Suddenly I heard Manik yelling my name at the top of his voice.

"Nandini!!!! Nandini!!!"

I hurried to the room only to find Adit and Manik doing tug of war with Manik's vest. Adit was jumping on the bed and Manik was doing almost the same thing on the floor. I ran to get Adit.

"Who is this???", Manik asked with a ridiculously adorable expression. Thankfully he was in his tracks and fighting for the vest to cover his upper body.

"Ask me..Why are you shouting at my Ninni..I am Adit..Adit the rockstar and I want this", as he gave another pull with his full strength to jerk off the vest from Manik's hand. Well that's different that the little one's entire force couldn't help to slip it even by an inch from Manik's grip.

I tried to intervene in his entirely serious issue.

"Manik give it to him na...you wear something else ..he is a kid", I gave the best possible option but Manik being Manik had to behave more immature than Adit.

"This is mine..Why should I give??", I couldn't believe Manik was actually arguing for a vest that too with a kid 1/4th of his size.

I knew it was hopeless to ask him so I directed my pleas to Adit but in a different way.

"Adit!! baby!! you like chocolate milk shake..come fast ..I have made it for you..leave the dirty vest to and lets have the yum thing quickly quickly", I shifted my looks at both Adit and Manik continuously who had countless frowns on his face.

Thankfully Adit took the bait and jumped off the bed and out of the room. I myself wanted to run after Adit to escape Manik's scowl. But definitely it was impossible with Manik guarding my way for answers.

"Manik just 2 hours ..she will be back in 2 hours. Mansi from the 7th floor, she had a very urgent meeting and she asked for my help and I couldn't refuse only..I am sorry please please", I made a helpless innocent face seeking his cooperation in this endeavor.

"Really like really..I took one day off so that we can spend sum time together and now you have to babysit this brat. You have never anything useful to do na"

"So Manik you don't take an off na..go to office I will manage here"

"Wow so now you don't need me..You want to spend time with him and I can go to hell huh", he said with an irritated expression.