The Wasp

"So, how much did it cost?" A teen wearing an orange shirt asked as he followed his best friend up the set of stairs. The highschooler held a small bag of cheetos puffs in his left hand, popping them into his mouth with the right.

"Nothing! I already told you I won it at the convention dude!" The other boy laughed haughtily as he escorted his friend up to his bedroom.

Mike popped open the door to his bedroom.

His friend, Nick, had no trouble immediately identifying the supposed 'prize'. There in the middle of the room was a conspicuous motorcycle-shaped object poorly hidden under a bed sheet.

"Uh, let me guess. It's in your closet?" Nick joked as he dropped his bag of cheetos on his friend's nearby nightstand.

Mike didn't even acknowledge the jest as he walked over and threw the sheet off the mysterious object with a wide grin.

"Holy crap!" Nick nearly choked as the sheet fluttered to the floor.

The sophomore stared in awe of the sleek shiny new vehicle in the middle of his friend's bedroom. As he had originally assumed, it sort of looked like an average vespa other than the fact that instead of wheels, it had two short wings on each side, and what looked like a huge glowing jet exhaust on the back. It was all black with the name "The Wasp" stylishly painted on each side in red paint.

"So wait, does this thing really fly?" Nick muttered with fascination as he slowly walked around the bike.

"Oh dude... you have noooo idea." Mike grinned as he proudly walked over to his prize.

"Yeah it flies, but that's not what makes it special..." Mike threw his leg over the seat, leaning forward and gripping both of the handles. He flashed his friend a cheeky wink before pressing his thumb on a switch on the left handle bar.

VSSSHHHHHZZZZZHHHH!!

....

Mike and the black vespa vanished from thin air.

"W-.......WOAH!!!" Nick gasped with shock. He couldn't believe that his friend had just totally vanished out of thin air right before his eyes.

"D-dude.. where the hell did you go??" Nick nervously took a few steps forward before noticing an odd noise pass by his left ear.

He didn't even have to bother turning his head before a tiny black speck flew in front of his face.

"ughh!" Nick grimaced as he took a step away from the invasive bug.

Having experienced annoying occasional flies all throughout his life, it only took a second for him to determine the identity of the pest.

Just as he was about to raise his hand to give the annoying bug quick swat, Nick suddenly realized that something was off about it. The tiny 'fly' was floating completely still in front of his face; something he'd never seen a fly do before.

Nick's eyes squinted, focusing in on the odd speck.

It was tricky to make out the small details of it, but there was no mistaking it that this was actually not a bug at all. For one thing, upon closer inspection, the little black speck was actually much smaller than a fly, it's size seemed much closer to that of a gnat.

The speck suddenly let out two sharp beeping noises.

..... "W-wait a minute..." Nick inhaled suddenly, unintentionally pulling the flying particle a few centimeters closer to his mouth.

"Nooo!.... NOOOOO WAAAAAY! DUUUUUUDE!! IS .. IS THAT YOU??" Nick freaked, stumbling back in shock and nearly falling over.

The speck flew away toward the other side of the room before quickly exploding in size.