Chapter 3: Friends, with benefits.

"Hindi lang din naman ikaw yung nasaktan eh, ako rin naman. Hindi lang ikaw yung nawalan, ako rin. Stop acting like you're the one who only lost kuya, masakit din para sakin na nawala sya, pero alam mo hindi lang yun yung masakit. Alam mo yung isa pa? yun yung tingin mo kaibigan lang tingin ko sa'yo. Kasi hindi eh. Mahal kita. Mahal na mahal parin kita."

"Ayame?"

"Mm?" she hummed in response. He held her hands tightly and intertwined his fingers with hers. She gave him a warm, reassuring smile.

"I've been wondering... do you still love my brother?" he asked, her smile faded into a frown a she gave him the answer. His hazel brown eyes fixed on the moon and stars above. She rested her head on his shoulder as she squeezed his hand.

"No." he stared down at her as he also gave her a frown. He let out a long, dramatic sigh. "If I still love him, then I should've fought for him when your sister told me that Cherry is pregnant with Sagel's child. Which isn't true, besides...I..." he cut her off before she continues to answer his question.

"You know, he loves you, more than anything." He said, looking straight into her deep brown eyes, squeezing her hand then kissed it.

"I know. And I hate myself for not returning his feelings. You know, I love you." She said.

"No, I think you're just feeling guilty because of my unrequited love for you." He said, looking away and slipping away his hand from hers.

"You know that's not true, Eli." She said. "Look at me," her eyes bore into his beautiful pair of eyes that's still full of love and compassion. "I love you." she said before she kissed him on the corner of his mouth.

"I love you, too. I should go. I'll see you someday." He said as he gave her a warm smile.

"Under the stars."

She woke up from her dream, she is confused, she should be in the study room, that's the place where she last went to.

Ah, Sagel.

Whenever she dreams of Eli, he always tells her that he will see her again under the stars.

However, when he said the last, familiar sentence, it felt real.

It felt as if he was just there, telling her those words.

She just shrugged it off and faced the man beside her, that's peacefully sleeping.

"Sagel..." she barely whispered as she kissed his forehead.

"I'm sorry, I still love him." She cupped his face and he leaned into her touch.

And with that, she, again, dozed off to sleep.

------------------

SAGEL'S POV

I woke up with the beep of my watch.

2 am.

I turned around to see—

"Faye?" I called out. She's not here beside me. Where is she? Bumangon ako para hanapin sya.

And there she is.

In the study room, she's sleeping in the desk. Her paper works scattered around. She's been working hard.

As expected of my wife.