Chapter 11 ~ Get Out!

Beginne am Anfang

"Then how come you didn't find me until now?"

"Tony," She says as she glances over at her old lover. "He found me."

"You did?" I ask as I slowly turn to him.

"I can find anyone. I'm a genius."

"Alright smartass," I say as I roll my eyes.

"There are no words to describe how sorry I am (Name). I know you can never forgive me but I at least wanted to see you and tell you that I'm sorry and that I still love you."

"You're right I can't forgive you." I say as I turn from Tony to her. "I was a child and you sold me to your drug dealer."

"Wait what?" Tony says and I turn to see a look of confusion and anger filling his eyes.

"Oh she didn't tell you?" I ask as I look from him back to my mother. "She sold me to her drug dealer so she could get high."

"What the hell Marie, why didn't you come to me? I would have helped you?"

"Seriously Tony? You were a man-whore at the time. There was no way you were going to believe that I had a baby and it was yours." She replies bluntly making me raise an eyebrow.

Well she's not wrong.

"Still you could've tried to get me to listen."

"Alright that's enough." I interject as I pull from Tony's grasp and taking a deep breath continue, "Alright, you both wanna know what I went through because you both were too stupid to think?" I turn toward my mother and say, "Because of you I was almost raped at the age of eight. The only way I could survive was by putting a bullet through his head. After that I was sent from foster home to foster home where I had to constantly worry about whether or not they were gonna beat or rape me. You wanna know the worst part? The worst part is that when I shot Devlin it didn't bother me. I liked it. I liked killing people."

"(Name) I-" she starts but I hold my hand up to stop her.

"I am a seriously fucked up person who has hallucinations that feel so real I have a hard time believing they're not. So you say you're sorry, well I'm sorry but that's just not good enough." I walk past her toward the front door and reaching for the doorknob I pause and turning back to them say, "I also almost died last night. I'm so fucked up that I wanted to die, to be free of all the pain and memories." Tony's eyes widen as he realizes that he almost lost his daughter and my mother just stares at me in shock. "Oh and I made out with Cap and Bucky," I walk out the door slamming it behind me. I pause on the porch my chest heaving before I make a beeline for the woods. I needed to be anywhere other than there.

Pushing past the tree line I just keep walking not even bothering to look back. My head was full of voices arguing with each other making my heart race uncontrollably in my chest. What had they been thinking bringing my mother here? How had they even found here and what politician was she married too? My mind races suddenly making me fall to my knees as I try to slow my uncontrollable breathing. I hear a noise from beside me and I turn toward it to see Baldr creeping toward me his ears pinned back in anger as he growls at something on the other side of me.

I quickly turn from him to the other side of me and see a man in what looked like a failed attempt at my father's Ironman suit. Instead of the usual hot rod red and gold colors it was chrome and blood red. The eyes were rounder and the instead of the slit mouth his suit looked like it barely had one at all. "What the hell are you supposed to be?" I ask as I slowly crawl away from him and over to Baldr.

"Aw, I'm upset you don't recognize me (Name)." He says and for some reason his voice sounds familiar.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask not taking my eyes off of him. I feel Baldr kneel down to get in between me and the wannabe ironman and I feel my breathing start to return to normal. I watch eyes narrowed as his faceplate opens up to reveal a man about my age with dark raven hair and icy blue eyes. He seemed familiar, who was he?

"Come on (Name), MIT senior year? Also the year your father killed mine." He says and my eyes widen in sudden realization.

"Zeke?"

"In the flesh," He says using his arms to motion down the rest of his body from his chest to his feet. "Well in the armor, if you want to get technical."

"How did you get a hold of my father's tech?" I ask as I force myself to stand up straight.

"What like its hard?" He says chuckling making me grit my teeth and narrow my eyes angrily.

"You don't have the right to wear that armor." I say sternly as I clench my fists and Baldr growls angrily.

"Don't I though?" He says tilting his head sarcastically. "After all it is the same technology that murdered my father."

"Obadiah was a madman Zeke; you know that better than anyone else."

"DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT MY FATHER!" He yells out angrily making me jump in surprise. "Your father murdered him in cold blood!"

"Are you fucking kidding me!" I yell back at him my eyes wild with rage. "Your 'Father' tried to have mine assassinated in that desert just so he could have some shitty company. If anything he got what he deserved!" Suddenly he surges toward me his hand wrapping tightly around my throat and lifting me up into the air. I kick and thrash to try and get free when I suddenly hear a yelp and look down to see Baldr lying on the ground a few feet away not moving. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I cry out as I punch and kick at the metal suit.

"He was in my way." Zeke chuckles and I feel rage surge through my body. Taking a deep breath I let out a blood curdling scream to somehow alert someone that I was in danger; but before I am able to see if anyone comes black spots fill my eyes and then as the world goes black I hear Zeke chuckle triumphantly.

Tony's POV

"Did you hear that?" Tony says as he holds his hands up to quiet everyone. "Something's wrong." Tony instantly runs from the house and out the door where he instantly climbs into his Mach 90 and say, "FRIDAY I need you to locate (Name)."

"Right away sir," She replies and Tony can feel his heart start to race. Something was wrong and he could feel it. Call it parent intuition or whatever but he just felt deep down in his gut that (Name) was in trouble.

"Tony what's going on?" He hears a familiar voice ask and turns to see Steve standing a few feet away with the rest of the team walking up behind him.

"Something's wrong, I can feel it."

"What, is it (Name)?" Steve asks his eyes filling with concern.

"Yeah, I'm having FRIDAY run a scan for her."

"Sir I've found her." FRIDAY's female voice chimes out and he nods as he replies, "Good where is she?"

"It seems she is being held captive by a man in an suit much like yours sir."

"That's not possible," Tony says as he narrows his eyes.

"I'm sorry sir but my calculations are not wrong."

"Okay then let's go," Tony says and right as he is about to launch himself into the sky Steve grabs his arms and says, "Tony what's going on?"

"Peanut's in trouble." Without another word Tony launches himself into the sky and quickly makes his way after the now retreating mysterious suit.

"Don't worry Tony; we've got your back." Natasha says into his comms and Tony clenches his jaw.

His stomach was in knots. Who had his tech? Why would they be after (Name)? Were they using her to get to him? If so they'd regret it dearly. He had missed out on so much in her life. He had been unable to protect her from the trials of her childhood but there was no way he was going to fail to protect her now. No matter what this mysterious people wanted he would given ten times that just to get her back. She was his child, his peanut. He loved her, even if she didn't feel the same about him, he still loved her. No one was going to stand in between him and his daughter.

"Hang on peanut, daddy's coming."