Chapter 25: Missile

Start from the beginning

I flew up.

"How long?" Asks Tony.

"Three minutes, at best. Stay low and wipe out the missile," Fury orders.

I see Tony flying out of the city. I followed him.

"Riley what're you doing?!" He asks noticing me.

"Helping you duh," I tell him.

"No way, I can't have you do this." He objects.

"I'm not letting you do this alone," I argue back.

"I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!" I hear Nat exclaim.

"Do it!" Said Cap immediately.

"No, wait!" I tell them.

"Riley, these things are still coming!" Said Cap.

"We got a nuke coming n, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And we know just where to put it." I smirk.

Tony and I flew from behind the missile.

We grabbed it.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Asks Tony as we flew the missile straight up into the sky with all our strength.

"As long as I'm with you," I tell him.

We kept flying up towards the portal.

"That's a one way trip, you two can't-" I cut off Jake.

"We'll manage Jake, I promise." I said.

Although I could feel my heart pump a million times faster. What if something goes wrong?

"Riley, I love you so much," Tony said to me.

I chuckle.

"I love you more Tony. But cmon, don't make it sound like it's your last words to me."

"I just wanna make sure, just in case."

We entered the portal.

I felt my skin starts to freeze. I use my heat to try keep my temperature stable. I feel it's hard to breath. I look at an armada in horror. It is surrounded by hundreds of ships. Tony I let go of the missile.

I held on Tony's hand. The missile reached the main ship. It explodes making the whole armada to burst into a supernova. I smile. I felt my air lessen within each second. Tony and I did it. I closed my eyes letting the darkness take over me once again.

"Daddy!!" I screamed as I reached for my father.

Trent held me back. My father's face was blurred. Just like in any memories I have of him. His eyes un blurred. I recognized his bright green eyes that was identical to mine. Tears rolled down his eyes.

"I love you sweetheart! I'll come back for you, I promise, firefly!" He starts to get drag out.

I screamed as I reached for my father. But it was too late...

I felt oxygen enter my lungs again. I open my eyes. I was falling extremely fast. I start to regain my powers and floated stably in the air. I see Tony falling as well. He's not slowing down! I flew towards him.

The Hulk caught him in mid air. They crashed and slid down a building. Hulk throws Tony if him. I flew down to them. Steve, Thor, and Jake gathered around. I kneeled next to Tony's body. I ripped off his helmet.

His eyes were closed and his arc reactor wasn't lit up. I shook him. Still nothing. I felt the tears rushed down my eyes.

"Listen to my voice. I love you... And I need you." I sobbed.

We waited but... nothing. The Hulk roars in fury. Tony jolts up awake. He looks around alerted.

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me no of you guys kissed me." Said Tony looking at the guys.

I hit him on his arm.

"Ow!" He exclaimed rubbing his head.

"I hate you." I said wiping my tears away.

He pulls me into a hug.

"We won" said Cap with a small smile.

"Alright! Hey. Good job, everyone. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take the say. Have you ever tried shwarma? There's a shwarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it." Said Tony making me chuckle.

"We're not finished yet." Said Thor seriously looking up at the Stark Tower.

"And then shwarma after," Tony adds.

I got up and helped Tony up.

"You scared me to death." I tell him as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Now you know what I felt like watching you in that infirmary." He said.

We reached the Stark Tower. I summon my sword from Jake. Nat and Clint are already here. Loki starts crawling onto the stair. He was pretty well beaten up. Serves him right.

He turns around and the team pointed our weapons at him. I was so tempted to crush my sword into his skull.

"If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink now," he said.

The Hulk snorts. I'm glad this is all over. Now I only have one more problem.