Chapter 8 ~ Too Much Fun

Start from the beginning

"Bucky?" he asks raising an eyebrow as a playful smirk fills his lips.

"Yes now shut up and let me finish,"

"Yes ma'am," He says in his thick southern drawl.

"Okay let's do it this way," I say as I turn toward him, "You know how I have a fascination with the 40's well more importantly with Captain America and his Howling commando's?"

"Yeah I've seen your bedroom," he says smirking at me making me narrow my eyes at him.

"Well you know the pictures of Cap and his best friend Bucky Barnes?" Blake instantly chokes on his drink almost spitting it across the bar.

"No shit, is it that Bucky?" He asks as he takes another sip to ease his coughing.

"Yeah... and its also that same Steve." I say and his eyes widen at me in shock.

"And you're not jumping them because?" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Because they are best friends Blake," I say as I turn back toward the bar and almost slam my head down on it. "Like best friends for over ninety years, I can't be the reason they stop being friends because I can only choose one."

"Who says you have to choose one?" Blake says and I slowly turn toward him my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Um the whole world,"

"Fuck the world," He says his eyes turning dark and I know he means it.

"Blake?" I say as I gently reach over and touch his shoulder.

"I'm okay," He says as he reaches down and pulls my legs into his lap gently rubbing them as he says, "Please continue," I continue telling him everything leaving nothing out and he just stares at me.

"What?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Dude you just ordered around the deadliest man in the world and you are still alive to talk about it."

"Is that all you got from what I said?"

"Of course not but seriously, you ordered around Bucky Barnes like he was a child. I wish I could've been there to see it."

"Thanks for your help," I say sarcastically as I roll my eyes.

"Alright sorry," He says as he lets out a sigh, "Look from what you've told me they both seem like great guys and I can understand why you don't want to ruin their friendship. You did the right thing."

"Then why do I feel like shit about it?"

"Who knows darlin," He says as he gently pats my legs. "Who knows?"

"See why I want to get drunk?"

"Yeah, I guess we should remedy that." He says as he pays for the whole bottle of jack and pushing my legs from his lap holds his hand out for me to take. I smirk as I take his hand and let him lead me out to the dance floor right as an upbeat pop song started to play making me smile as I twist and twirl around to the beat. Blake smirks as he takes a drink from the bottle and hands it too me making me follow suit.

Hours pass and I smile drunkenly as I Blake pulls me in close and dips me making a loud laugh escape my lips. As he brings me back up I glance past him to see Mikey walking through the door and my face lights up. "Mikey!" I cry out as I run over and throw myself into his arms almost making him fall backwards.

"Dammit Blake how drunk is she?!" Mikey yells out as he looks over my shoulder toward Blake who was laughing loudly behind me.

"Aw Mike come on we just had one bottle," Blake says as he walks over and pulls me from Mikey's arms as he wraps his arms around my waist.