Chapter 6 ~ Hallucinations

Börja om från början

"Your point?" Bucky asks as he smirks. By now I see Steve walk out of the house and I smirk.

"My point is that if I knew we were playing dirty I would have made this war all the more fun." I say as I reach down and grab a handful of snow giving him a devious smile.

"What do you mean?" He asks as he raises and eyebrow.

"You'll see," I say as I reach up and throw the ball of snow at him which he quickly dodges making it hit Steve in the face hard. "Ahahahahahaha!" I laugh out as Bucky stares at Steve with a worried expression.

"You think that's funny (Name)? Steve asks as he slowly reaches up and wipes the rest of the now melting liquid off his face.

"Well I don't know if you heard; but I was laughing so yeah, I thought it was funny." I say as I fold my arms over my chest and smirk at him. He smirks before he walks down the stairs and slowly reaches toward a mound of snow. I stare at him as he makes a giant snow ball and then lifts it up with one hand and says, "I'll give you the chance to change your mind,"

"And if I don't?"

"Then you and this snowball here are gonna become best friends." He says as he raises an eyebrow playfully.

"You wouldn't dare," I say playfully as I fully doubt that he will throw it. Boy was I wrong. The giant snowball collides with my chest making me tumble back into the snow landing softly. I let out a laugh as I jump back up and start making snowballs to throw back at him. The three of us continue for what seemed like hours throwing snowballs back and forth until Steve stops mid throw and says, "Maybe we should stop."

"Oh come on Steve I'm having a blast!" I say as I pout.

"But you're shivering, and your lips are blue." He says as he points to my lips.

"I am?" I say curiously and then I suddenly realize that I am unconsciously shaking. A gust of air hits me and I instantly reach up and wrap my arms around myself. "So much for the shower earlier," I say as I rub my shoulders and head into the house as Bucky and Steve follow closely behind me. As I pass through the door I catch the whiff of breakfast and instantly run to the kitchen. I find the plates sitting nicely on the table and smirk. I walk over and without asking which was mine I sit down and start digging in.

Steve was actually a very good cook. He made pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs. I smile as I start to get full. It took me a few minutes to realize that Steve and Bucky had joined me. "Thank you Steve, this is really good and that's saying something cause I usually don't like pancakes."

"How can you not like pancakes?" Bucky asks and I freeze as a memory passes through my mind.

"I have my reasons," I say as I furrow my brows and force the memory away. My stomach instantly starts to churn and clenching my jaw I stand up and grabbing my plate head to the kitchen. I scrape the rest of the food off into the trash and rinse my plate off before I place it in the dish washer. I finally realize how cold I am and start off toward my room. Reaching my room I close the door and quickly change my clothes before I walk over to my grandpa Dum's memory chest.

Sitting in the floor I pull out his bowler and lifting it up place it on my head. The smell of cigars and sweat fills my senses causing a tear to fall down my cheek. I swiftly wipe it away before I reach back inside and pull out some old photos. There were a few of him and the rest of the howling commandos including a much smaller Bucky Barnes. I smirk as I find a couple of Grandpa and my mom. He was standing there in his uniform with an arm wrapped around my mother's shoulders. Tears fill my eyes as I stare at the picture.

"Why did you have to leave me behind?" I ask as I gently run my fingers over the old picture. I had no idea what happened to my mother but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss her. Before everything had turned to shit she had loved me and treated me just how a child should be treated. Setting the picture down I reach back inside the chest and pull out some more pictures. This time they were of me and my grandfather. A few were of him tossing me really high into the air as my mother freaked out in the background and then there was one and honestly it was my favorite.