Chapter 5 ~ Because of You

Comincia dall'inizio

I walk over to the window and a bright smile crosses my lips as I realize that not only was their ice but a lot of snow. I run back into my room and making sure to lock my door, I quickly change my clothes into something warmer. I settled for a pair of blue jeans, some knee high argyle socks, my always keep fighting supernatural shirt, and black leather coat. I grab my gloves and beanie and head for the front door. I stop momentarily to put on my work boots before running out the door and into the snow.

Once I am far enough from the porch I throw myself down into the snow and laugh out loud as I make a snow angel. As I move my arms back and forth creating the wings a lost memory creeps into my mind.

"Do you like snow _____?"

"Yes mommy! It's so pretty!"

"Snow is very pretty my beautiful baby girl, It's even magical."

"Magic?"

"Uh huh," She wraps her arms around me tightly and smiles as she continues, "Anything can happen when it snows. I met your father for the first time when it was snowing."

"You did?" I say an excited look on my face.

"I did, he was really handsome. You know he's a genius just like you my flower."

"Jen-us?"

"No sweetie Genius, like really smart." She says her long red hair flowing in the breeze.

"Oh,"

"You know whatever may happen in the future, I want you to remember me every time it snows; can you do that for me?"

"But won't you always be with me?" I ask my eyes staring into her green ones. I suddenly realize that her eyes look sad.

"Everyone leaves at some point baby, but even when that happens we still remember them."

"I don't want you to leave me!" I cry out as I grip tightly to her arms.

"______," She says her eyes staring at me with worry.

"No, don't leave me like grandpa did!" I cry out as I thrash against her chest.

"_____ that's enough!" She yells out making me shrink back away from her. "I-I'm sorry sweetie. I'm so sorry."

Then as always it drifts into a different scene a more painful scene.

"Mommy! Please I'm sorry I was bad! Don't send me away! MOMMY!" I cry out as tears stream down my face. She stares at me with sad eyes as she clutches tightly to the bag of drugs in her arms.

"Please take care of her; I will definitely be back for her." She says to the man holding me back.

"Sure thing Lily, now run along. I've got more business to attend to." Devlin says as his grip tightens on my arm causing it to bruise.

"MOMMY NO!" I scream out as she turns and runs away leaving me alone with Devlin. Once she is gone he reaches down and lifts me into his arms saying, "Well aren't you a pretty girl?"

I quickly shake my head as I force the memories out of my mind. My back starts to numb at the coldness seeping through. I sit up and letting out a sigh push myself to my feet and head toward the barn. When I reach it I pull open the door and am instantly hit in the face with warm air. Well I'm glad JARVIS kept the horses warm. I hear a growl to my right and turn to see Baldr staring behind me back toward the house. I let out a sigh as I gently pat his head and say, "They're friend's boy,"