"Ela," Alex whispered waking her up. "We need to talk."
He explained everything to her even though it hurt him to see the pain in her eyes. Pulling out the papers they both signed them as he assure her that they would be together once he found out who was behind this.
This situation reminded her of an Indian series she had once watched called Married Again.
"I will find a way back to you agapi mou," he whispered as he caressed her cheek.

"Lex just stay with me until our time together is up," she murmured as he got onto the bed and held her close as she let the flood gates open.
The blade had missed vital organs hence she was released earlier than expected but under strict bed rest to recuperate in the company of her home.

"It is done, now bring my son back," Alex growled into the phone.
"Your son is back were he belongs, at home. A plane has been prepared for them to use to leave this country in the next forty-eight hours, by then you will be married."

"Married to who?" He growled.
"Your betrothed of course," the man chuckled. "Keep your phone close for the next instructions or else your ex-wife will receive more than a stab wound. It would be such a pity if anyone else came to harm because of you."

--------

"Madam if you will allow me. May I stay in your service," Edward said nervously.
"If your boss will release you, I would be more than greatful," Gaby said as she stood at the villa entrance.

All the staff had mournful expressions as they watched her things being packed away into the car. Alex had a blank expression as he stood watching.
Having secured Alessandro in his car seat she came around the car to enter the car.
Her breath hitched as she heard him call her.
"Ela," he whispered walking towards her. "Mi amor," he said as he reached out to her, only to have her flinch back in repulsion as she saw the new wedding band on his finger.
In less than two days of their divorce he had married another woman whom he refused to reveal their identity.
"Alexandros, please I have to go now," she said as her lower lip trembled.

She could see the hurt in his eyes as he struggled to form words that could ease the pain.
"Edward, Toni," he called out.
The two men quickly came up to him. "Go with them and take care of my family."

"I don't need anyone to take care of me, I am no longer apart of this family hence I do not need any of your..." Gaby said.
"Gabriela! You will go with them, please do this for me," he said interrupting her.
"Very well if you insist," she said stubbornly.

Just then a fleet of royal cars entered his premises, and out jumped Karen.
"Honey, I'm home!" she shouted walking up to him. "What is she still doing here?" She asked indicating Gaby.
Turning towards the workers she shouted at the maids, "What are you all waiting here for, get my bags!"
Everyone scattered as they looked for something to busy themselves with whilst some took her bags inside.

Once she entered the house to cause more chaos Gaby walked up to Alex.
"Goodbye Lex," Gaby said as she pulled him down for a slow kiss goodbye. "Take care of yourself baby," she whispered quickly turning to get into the waiting car hiding her pain from him.

------

"This is very rare indeed. I am sorry but we do not know the cause of your blindness, it could be stress related for all we know," she heard the doctor say.
She had not informed anyone at the hospital fearing she wouldn't get her son back in Greece. Slowly she had been losing her sight only for it to completely leave once they arrived back in New Orleans. To lose her sight the day she lost her husband completely would surely give her more stress unlike she had ever experienced.

------

Weeks turned into months as she remained hopeful that Alex would come back to her bearing good news, but she never received any word from him.
She never returned to their house but stayed in a three bedroom apartment with Toni and Edward. She didn't have the strength to go back to work as it would remind her of all the memories they had created. It was a good thing she had saved up a substantial amount of money from the practice.

Flipping through the paper Edward came upon a familiar face and suddenly became quiet as he had been reading the paper out loud.
"What is the matter?" She asked him.
"Oh it's nothing madam," he mumbled.
"I know you are lying. It's about Alexandros right?"
"Yes mam," he replied softly.
"Read it to me please."

She realized she couldn't wait for him any longer so decided on taking some form of action in her life.

She called Toni and Edward onto the small living room whilst Alessandro slept.
"I am moving back to my home land, Spain. I wanted to thank you for standing by my side all this time. I couldn't have asked for better friends. Thank you both very much," she said handing each of them an envelope with their pay checks.

Both men looked at each other and nodded their heads in agreement after their silent conversation.
"You cannot get rid of us that easily we will leave for Spain as well," Toni said.
"I will start packing our bags," Edward said getting up.
She just remained silent at a loss for words.

---------

Once they landed Gaby was engulfed in a warm embrace by her dear aunt Marie. She didn't have any children of her own after she refused to remarry upon the death of her husband.

"Come on Gaby," let us get you home so you and your bambino can rest.
Alessandro happily smiled as she took him into her arms. "Such a beautiful baby, just like your mama," she cooed.
After getting into the SUV her aunt drove them away from the airport.

"Aunt Marie where are we going?"
"Why home of course."
"If my body is telling me the right thing we haven't made an necessary turns to reach home."
"Oh no no no my dear. I meant your home."
"What do you mean my home. Since when do I have a house here?"
"Since your papa died, God bless his soul."
"Did you not receive a letter from his lawyer?"

She shook her head no.
"Ay Dios mio, that lazy man. I told your papa to get another lawyer before he passed on," she muttered as she turned towards a lovely two storey house. The structure was breathtaking and so were their surroundings as they looked around them, sadly she could not see this beauty.

"Your papa never told you this, but back then he made a couple of good investments as he saved up for your college funds. When you received a scholarship and before he discovered he had the cancer he poured all of his money into the construction of this ranch for you. It was his wish for you to have a place to come back to, to keep your heritage," she said as a sob escaped her lips.

She pulled her aunt into a hug and consoled her as tears ran down her cheeks also. After a while they straightened up as a few people stepped out.
"This is Marie she takes care of the house including the cooking for the ranch hands. These two young men are Jose and Alfonso, they take care of the horses and the ranch."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you señora," Alfonso greeted first followed by Jose and lastly Marie.
"The pleasure is all mine. Thank you for taking care of this place. These three gentlemen are my close friends and family, Edward and Toni and my son Alessandro," she said as Toni held the carried with the sleeping Prince.
After the introductions were completed they went into the house and were shown to their sleeping quarters.

A year passed by with her managing the ranch and also working at the local clinic helping out whenever she could. Her son was growing up fast and she was told he had a striking resemblance to his father which was a constant reminder of what she had lost.

One afternoon as she was leaving the clinic she heard a familiar voice ask her, "Excuse, but you look like someone I know."
Toni was by her side before she could reply.

Hmmmm who do you think it is??? Anyone?
Hope you enjoyed. Don't forget to:
VOTE
COMMENT
PROMOTE TO YOUR FRIENDS!!!