"So when do I start hearing wedding bells." Rose whispered and gave me a knowing look.

"Rose!" I whisper yelled "We aren't even dating. Why does everyone think that today? He's just a friend, I'm just a friend."

Rose just shook her head and I heard her mumble something along the lines of "We'll see about that if I have anything to do with it."

Twenty minutes later the pizza was out of the oven and the kitchen was cleared up. I put some food on plates for Xavier and Deli, with some water. Deli was up and picking out another movie because The Princess and the Frog had just ended. I set the plates down in from of his and went back to grab my food. Rose was already seated by the time I got back with mine. Deli had picked frozen and put it in the player.  I looked  over at Xavier making eye contact and Smiled. He smiled back holding up his slice with a "Cheers" type moment. I followed and was just about the chow down when Rose broke the Silence.

"Wait, wait, wait. I'll be right back. No eating or movie watching in the meantime. I'll just be a second."

She left the apartment leaving Xavier, Deli, and I confused.

"That was weird." 

"A little, is she always so... energetic?"

"Sometimes but she really is a sweet person."

"No doubt about that."

Something still kept nagging the back of my mind. Why was Xavier upset earlier when we first came in.

"Hey Mr.Xavier?" He looked at me expectantly.

"Why did you seem a little frustrated when we came in a little earlier?"

He seemed a little of guard but quickly recovered. 

"Oh that's nothing don't worry about it." He just sort of did a waving gesture and settled further into the couch trying to avoid eye contact.

That's weird. I didn't have any time to question him anymore because Rose came in. She walked over to us setting down some Wine and wine glasses. 

"Nothing says a night in like Pizza and wine."

I just laughed as she poured some for me, Xavier, and a large one for herself. 

"Let the movie begin." She settled down taking a swig and grabbing her pizza. 

Both Xavier and I exchanged glances and followed suit.

An hour and a half later the movie was finally ended and Deli was out. She had fallen asleep with her head on Xavier's lap and her feet on my own. 

"I'm gonna put Deli to bed." I stood up almost managing to fall. No I wasn't drunk I did however have a slight warm feeling.  I'd just stepped on Deli's doll. 

I picked Deli up and took her to our room. Laying her down she began to stir.

"Mwomma?" She yawned.

"Yes honey?"

"Can you rwead me a story?"

"How about this, I'll read you a story if you'll get changed into your bed clothes while I'm picking out a book?"

"Okay" She climbed out of bed sleepily walking towards the closet. 

I picked out a Dr.Suess book, The one about the fish.

I only got about half way through when she was out again. I kissed her head, put the book back, and turned the lights off. I walked back towards the living room and Rose was sitting there smiling to herself.