I had never been told I was beautiful, only that I was a good fuck. I had never felt the feeling of kindness or love as their lips brushed against mine. And, it was slowly starting to sink into my mind and my heart that I would possibly never have the opportunity to return to my life mate and raise a family of my own? Had my parents truly sacrificed everything... only for it to be in vain? My innocence, pride, my will to live? All of that had vanished over the four years. Each day, a little piece of me seemed to break, falling to the ground, only to have the wind pick it up and blow it away. I could never become whole again. I was broken, ripped, stripped, and beaten into submission. And all for what? A few precious gold coins in return to bed a savage. A previous Eenack warrior, and be able to gaze upon the sacred markings.

         No commoners eyes should have the chance to look at my markings, for these were once my pride and joy. Each was different, the scarred patterns representing the heart and soul of the carrier. Now, I was unable to look in a reflective mirror without wishing to burn them from my skin. I did not deserve this honor of holding my people's markings. I deserved to be sent off the side of a cliff, plummeting to my death with open arms.

         And all that could have been avoided if that damned man had not bought me! I am not a piece of jewelry, nor am I a crown that can be placed on a fool of a Kings' head.

          I had not realized I was clenching the sharp sides of the stoned pool until I could feel the warm liquid of blood drip from my palms. Looking up, I saw the masked woman standing beside me, along with an older man that watched me with golden eyes, seeming to be examining my scars.

          Pulling away from them, I gave a hiss, causing their eyes to grow wide with fear and step away as I stood from the water.

          I took a breath as my jaw clenched, legs shaking under me as I stood from the steaming water.

          "Please, you must not-" the man tried to protest. I simply hissed at him as I took a step towards him in anger.

         "You," I spoke slowly in a deep voice. Pointing a finger at the man, I watched as he backed against the wall, his body shaking in fear. "You have no right to look at the markings of Eenack!" Turning to the woman, I groaned at the feeling of stabbing in my side came to my attention. "And you. You will never lay a hand on my again. Unless you prefer to lose it, and walk around with only a dangling limb attached to your wrist." I growled out as I stepped from the water. Slowly limping over to the towels, I wrapped the thick cotton around me, covering my body from their eyes.

         "Please... Miss you must rest and allow us to heal your body. His majesty has personally requested for you to not be harmed any longer before the journey to his Kingdom." I found myself laughing, shaking my head at their words.

          "That man is no King." I said, looking at them over my shoulder. "A king does not buy another living soul like a herd of beasts or sheep. A King is meant to look at others with patients and understanding. I had no King, and he never shall be one." I growled out. As I took one more steps towards the door, hoping to find some answers to where in the pleasure house I had been taken to, I felt a stabbing sensation, followed by a sensation of a lightning bolt shoot through my body, only causing me to grit my teeth in pain, before falling to the floor.

        "MISS!" I heard as the pounding of feet could be heard from outside of the room. Everything was spinning as I looked up, trying to keep my breathing steady, and find my legs. The world swayed and rocked, like that of a small boat on a waved ocean. Down seemed to be up, and nothing else made sense to me. The world started to blacken, consume me, I could see the wooden door open as a large silhouette walked in, seeming to be trying to contain his hastened pace, before I was able to make out blackened eyes, surrounded by the lovelies shade of blue that I had ever seen.