Chapter 1

Devin

"Can you wake your lazy ass up?" I asked as I smacked my best friend Nyx. She groaned and pulled another pillow over her head.

"Seriously, we have class."

"You have class! I have night classes remember!?" Nyx retorted.

"No, you have English with me, right now. You can sleep after! Let's go!" I answered, hitting her again.

She whined, this time picking herself out of bed. "Why did I agree to get a class with you, you crazy broad!?" She pulled at her own hair with a groan. "I could have been sleeping for another seven hours!"

"No. Because I would have woke you up anyway to say goodbye." I answered. "If you're not downstairs in ten minutes, I'm getting the pitcher." I told her as I left the room.

"BITCH!" She called down after me.

I rolled my eyes and headed into the bathroom to wash my face and look at myself in the mirror. I had long red hair and green eyes. I didn't like my nose, and I was always telling people who said I looked pretty, that my nose was too short. But it didn't stop them from flirting with me.

I headed into the kitchen where I made breakfast. Nyx didn't like water, in fact she really hated it. And when I first met her I found out she couldn't swim, and the other kids were bullying her for it. But she cared less for their bullying, and more on the fact she couldn't swim with her friend at the time, who loved the water.

Either way, in about five minutes she came down, dressed and ready for class in an hour. She sat at the table and yawned loudly. "Why did I chose to stay in a house with you again?" She asked.

"No clue." I smirked.

She and I had been friends for the last four years, and literally done everything together since we met. Her parents where rich, and my parents were rich, so we both had crazy allowances as long as we got good grades, so we decided to rent our own house near the college and go together. She had black hair and dark brown eyes.

I handed her a plate and she started chowing down as I sat across from her and ate myself. The two of us continued with small conversations, mostly about me being a pain in the ass before we finished eating and cleaned up. We then got in my car, which I don't need to tell you was pretty expensive. Don't really care for cars myself though. Nyx keeps saying its a Camaro or something.

Either way, we drove to the college and headed in. Nyx followed me like a lost puppy into the English class. I knew she definitely didn't want to be awake, and the teacher knew it everyday. When Nyx sits next to me and yawns, the teacher rolls her eyes.

The class went on as normal, with the teacher delving into Mythology to explain to us how Homer wrote the Odyssey and on and on about more stuff we'd really never need to know anything about.

"Miss Kokinos!" the teacher called getting me to groan I turned finding Nyx had just raised her head at the call of her last name. "How many times are you going to sleep in my class?"

Nyx just smirked. "Probably every time?" She answered, getting the other students to snicker.

"Oh? Maybe you'd like to tell me why Poseidon was mad at Odysseus?" The teacher questioned.

Nyx yawned, and for a second I thought she didn't know. Then I remembered this was Nyx we were talking about, and when she opened her mouth even I was shocked.

"Poseidon was mad at Odysseus because he had tricked and blinded his son Polyphemus whom was going to kill him. Polyphemus begged and prayed to his father to curse Odysseus." Nyx explained.