He feels a pair of warm, strong arms wrap around his waist, lifting him up off the ground and he yells loudly when he is thrown over Harry's shoulder. "Put me down!" he screeches. ¨I was running fast!¨

"Not fast enough, Lou," Harry slows to a walk, and Louis lays his head on his back in defeat, letting himself enjoy the gentle bobbing of Harry's long strides.

"Are we going home?" he asks softly.

"Yes, Lou, we're going home." Louis can hear the smile, the beam in his voice, he can hear the gentle laugh that escapes his lips after he speaks, and he can feel Harry's grip around the back of his thighs tighten as they walk towards home.

***

"Are you planning on staying here until I get home?" Louis asks when they finally settle on the couch.

"I was, yeah. Is that okay? My surprise visit?" Harry sounds nervous.

"Yeah," Louis says quickly. "Yeah, it was nice."

It's quiet, and when Louis turns his head to look at Harry, Harry is smiling, looking at his fingers as he plays with his rings.

"Do you want to watch Netflix and chill?" Louis asks softly, nudging Harry's knee with his.

Harry's eyes crinkle up and Louis can see his dimple as he grins. "That would be absolutely amazing."

"I'll go get some popcorn, okay? You pick the movie. Don't pick something stupid."

"Like Grease?" Harry teases, and Louis laughs at first, until he realizes that he never told Harry anything about Grease.

"How did you know that was my favourite movie?" Louis asked, raising his eyebrows.

Harry's eyes widen, and he bites his lip. Louis almost gets distracted by this action, at how freaking stunning Harry Styles looks when he bites his lip and wow those eyes are so green.

"Ehm, I just guessed. Because everyone's favourite movie is Grease."

"Well, did you know that I played Danny in a play my senior year?" Louis asks proudly, placing his hand on the side of the wall, leaning up against it as he is about to go to the kitchen. "Rocked it too."

"I'm sure you did amazing. You are a very special character, Lou, and that shows that you would also be a very good actor. Probably put a lot of yourself into it, yeah?"

Louis blushes. "Special character?"

"You're different," Harry says warmly. "You have a personality. So nothing is boring with you."

And Louis feels like he's been told this before, but he doesn't know who would've told him that. His mum surely not. She always just says how sweet he is and how proud she is of him. He shrugs. Maybe it was a teacher.

"Thank you Harry," Louis' voice is soft, timid. "That really means a lot to hear, really, it does." He lets go of his grip on the doorway, slowly walking towards the boy watching him, his face full of curiosity and interest. Harry really is a good listener. "I think you're really cool too. Like really. You're so kind and nice. It makes me feel like a twat sometimes, because I can kind of get-"

"Sassy?" Harry asks, smirking. "Yes you can, but that doesn't mean you aren't kind."

Louis laughs, his cheeks warming. "I'm going to go get the popcorn, like I was originally going to," he says. "Pick a good movie."

"Okay," Harry says happily, and Louis gives him a closed-mouth smile before walking into the kitchen.

"Popcorn popcorn popcorn," Louis murmurs to himself, twirling around the kitchen and singing quietly to himself because really, he is happy when he's with this boy and he doesn't care who knows it. He just wish he knew how they knew each other before, if they did.