FTI Consulting Global: Kazuya Aoki

Kazuya Aoki

Senior Director

T: +81 3 5369 3958

F: +81 3 5369 3940

kazuya.aoki@fticonsulting.com

is a Senior Director in the Technology practice of FTI Consulting, and he is based in Japan. Mr. Aoki specializes in providing data forensics solutions and he is responsible for the management and delivery of electronic evidence recovery services, cyber-crime investigations and other forensics solutions. He also provides investigative support for major financial, fraud and other corporate investigations in Japan. Mr. Aoki is also the firm's e-Discovery specialist in Japan and he regularly undertakes significant data collection for litigation and regulatory purposes in the US.

Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Aoki worked for a major Japanese security company as a security engineer, managing a Computer Security Incident Response Team using digital forensics technologies.

Prior to this appointment, Mr. Aoki spent 15 years in the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department (TMPD), where he was a specialist in the Cyber Crime Division. During this period, Mr. Aoki was also seconded to the New York Police Department. Throughout his law enforcement career, Mr. Aoki was actively involved in the successful resolution of a number of high profile and sensitive crimes.

Mr. Aoki has a Bachelor degree in Commerce from Waseda University.

Mr. Aoki is a native Japanese speaker and speaks English.