Steward of Gondor

Start from the beginning

I read to myself. I crumbed up the paper and nodded my head. The wine cup still in my hand.

"My fair lady, I am to attend a dinner tonight, may you find me some fine silks?"

I asked as I put the cup down on the nightstand next to the empty plate.

"Yes my lady."

She nodded her head and ran out of the room in a hurry. I looked out to the balcony to the dark land ahead of me. I shivered at the sight, tomorrow we would be riding to find my husband. My stomach sank at the thought of my husband being tortured in that foul place. I heard a knock come from the door.

"Come in."

I answered. The door opened and in came a man with white silk hair draped over his shoulders. His beard was a light grey and dragged below his chin. He wore fine clothes fit for a king. I leaned up against the railing of the balcony.

"I am Ecthelion son of Turgon. I am the steward of Gondor."

He told me as he examined me slowly.

"I am Irene daughter of..."

I couldn't finish because I was trying to figure out what to say.

"Daughter of whom?"

The steward asked as he grabbed the handle of his sword.

"Adopted daughter of Elrond."

I answered quickly. His tension vanished and he gave a quiet smile. I closed my eyes relaxed and fear free. I curtsied to him.

"I am sorry, for I am not in the best of clothes. I was to meet you tonight at dinner."

I told steward. He gave out a little sigh.

"I am here to ask you of why you are here, your companion will not dare tell me a word till dinner. If I am to not know why you are then I shall throw you out as a threat."

He threatened as he grabbed hold of his sword handle once again. I took a step back only to hit the railing.

"My lord, if my sister doesn't tell than I shall not, but we came to give you news of a danger. She know more than I."

I told him trying to ease him. He snarled a little bit and let go of the sword.

"Then why did you come with her?"

He questioned out of disgust. I looked at the tile floor.

"I came to protect her, she is not at all a friend of the one you call Sauron. She's a danger to the orcs as so I am to protect her."

I lied. I knew if I could keep on staring at the floor he couldn't see through my lies.

"If she is a danger, then she shall be thrown out of the city as soon as possible."

He said as he started to head out of the room he barely came into. I chased after him in three steps.

"My lord you mustn't do that for if you do not only will you look bad to the elves but the elements themselves, the creators of this world will look down upon you."

I told him before he could run out of the room. He turned back around red faces.

"What do you know of the elements?"

He asked as he turned around.

"More than you do and I suggest you shouldn't shaken their anger, especially the element of fire."

I answered as I turned back around to the balcony. I could feel his venomous eyes stare upon me.

"What is it that you hide under your skin? You are no ordinary girl, you are the one who was cast up into the sky a month ago, lady Elm?"