Chapter 21

*****Lauren's POV*****

When I got back to the room, I tended to my minor wounds, showered, and then started packing. In about an hour, the boys and I would have to get to the airport and fly off to our next location. But I wasn't leaving her this time. I'm never letting go again. Especially not after what Zendaya said. There's no way I'd let my girl marry that psychopath. No way in hell is she ever being near Dinah again. "Why would she wanna go back to a cheater?" She'd forgive me, I know it. I just want to know how much Zendaya knows...or how much she told Dinah.

"I'm s-sorry" she mumbled in her sleep, rolling around a little. I walked over and sat next to her, grabbing her as she rolled towards the edge. "Hey hey, wake up baby" I said softly, shaking her slightly. She sat up quickly, so fast that she almost fell again. "Dinah, it's okay baby. What did you see?" She just leaned up against my body, the shaking of her body starting to calm itself. "It was nothing. Just a bad dream. Nothing else, I promise". Something told me she was hiding the entire truth. This girl had been through so much. The light in her eyes was just gone. I had to bring that back. I know that now.

"Did you change, Lo?" she sighs softly as I rub circles on her stomach. I just nod, not wanting to get too deep into where this conversation could lead. "I went and got your stuff from your room. We have to get ready to go soon?" She just nodded against my shoulder, placing a kiss on my neck. "Can you take my bandaid off so I can shower?" It my turn to nod this time.

So she got up to shower and I sat on the bed, guitar in my lap. I was just strumming over the strings, not really trying to do much. I didn't really know what to write. Another writing block. I guess too much was going on right now. I mean, I have her back. It can't be bad to have my soul mate back. Everything was gonna get better from here. Right?

"Lauren! Are you ready?" I heard someone yell from outside the door. "One sec, let me grab some bags". I open the door to see the boys with Louis. "Morning guys. Mind helping me move our bags?" Harry just leaned against the door and smirked, "Our bags?" Before I can answer, Dinah walks out of the bathroom in just her bra and shorts. "Babe?" I laugh nervously, "we have company". "Shit, sorry. I'll go throw some clothes on. Morning everybody". They all just started laughing, "Guess she did mean our bags". "Oh, just shut up and help".

I couldn't be more relieved when we boarded the jet again. Next stop, Japan. But I really saw it as time with Dinah and space between her and Zendaya. I don't think very officially broke up yet, but us kissing on TMZ should get the message out. I don't doubt Zendaya though. I know this truly isn't over until she has the last move. A mind like her's can't be destroyed by another, only by itself.

"Baby" Dinah sang out, sitting down in the closest clear chair. I had music sheets sprawled out all over the place. I was kinda letting my block get the best of me. "Hey DJ, sorry about the papers. Just come sit in my lap". So she came over, lifting me up and then setting me down in her lap. "Babe, what are-" she pauses my thought by pecking my lips. "So you can play piano". I just smiled and pecked her nose, leaning against her as I began to finger the keys again.

"So you're tryna right your kinda, scandalous rebel album?" She laughs. I'm cute but I can be bad. "C'mon. I get I'm sweet to you but party Lauren did exist at one time. I wanna represent that in my next album. So you can't sit her and giggle while I'm tryna channel my inner thug. Kay baby?" It's silent for a second, but then the whole plane burst out in laughter. "Fuck you guys, I'm a thug".

Everything seemed to be going perfect. I felt like we were all a family again. Well, we're becoming a family. "Lauren, come play Uno with us" Liam yelled from the floor. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to my deck being dealt out for me. "Seriously, can we buy Monopoly while we're in Japan?" "But you always win at that" Dinah whined. "Basically cause I'm always that baddest bitch in the room?"

Dinah just rolled her eyes and then smirked in my direction. She leaned over and ran her hand up my thigh. "You think your bad baby?" The tone in her voice was so taunting, yet very alluring. I could get used to it. "I know I am". She whispered in my ear, "If only they knew how you were in bed. That was too good to be bad". Although I was a little nervous about her telling the boys, something about what she said caught my attention. "Say that again". "You were too good in bed to be bad" she whispered, nipping at my ear.

I jumped up from the ground a ran over to my guitar case, pulling out my new electric I bought in Australia. "What the bloody hell, Laur?" Niall yelled. "I mean really, we're in the middle of a game!" I just shushed them and turned on my amp. Starting to strum away. They were quietly whispering for a while. But then Dinah's voice rang through to my ears.

"Is this what the process looks like?" she whispered. Harry spoke up first. "Oh yeah. She starts playing around with the instrument". "And then she hums" Zayn continues, trying to balance a card on his nose. Liam chimes in next, with "Then the mumbling". "And finally, the cho-". I cut them off. "Everyone hush! Just for a second".

Is it bad that I never made love, no I never did it
But I sure know how to fuck
I'll be your bad girl, I'll prove it to you
I can't promise that I'll be good to you
Cause I have some issues, I won't commit
No, not having it
But at least I can admit that I'll be bad no to you (to you)
Yeah, I'll be good in bed but I'll be bad to you

"Boom. The killer chorus" Liam yells out, holding his hand up like football field goal. I just laughed and write it down in my music journal. "Is this one scandalous enough for the album?" I laugh, pulling my lighter out of my pocket. "Hell yeah. Celebration time?" Louis smiled, pulling the bag out of his bag. "Fuck yeah". So he rolled us all one, since we were still terrible at it. Okay, I'm still terrible at it. "Dinah, you want one love?"

I started coughing at that. I completely forgot that she didn't know about this. And she's just recovering from an addiction. Oh God, what am I doing? She just nodded no and sat on the far end on the jet, away from us. And away from me. I sat mine in the ashtray, starting to walk over to her. But I was interrupted Mid stride by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" The first thing I heard was the beeping from the other day. "This time it was followed by tears. "Hello? What's going on?" I was caught off guard by Ally's voice ringing through. "L-Lo? Please, sit down first". So I sat at the booth, elbows resting on the table. "What is it?" I could hear her start to sob through the phone. "It's Abuelita".

That's all it took for the tears to start stinging at my eyes. "Ally. Is she..." I couldn't bring myself to say it. I knew she was an older women. But I just couldn't imagine her, sickly, like she is now. She's always been so strong. I've never seen her at a moment of weakness. "No. Not yet." I knew it was her time. But my tour. I couldn't just up and leave, could I? "Ally. I... I'm sorry. If I can find time to leave, I will. Please, just tell her I love her. Try to keep her alive". "I'll try. I love you, Lauren". "I love you too".

When she hung up, a single tear slid down my face. I ran my fingers through my hair, but gripping onto it halfway through. "Fuck" I yelled out. I couldn't hold back the tears now. I couldn't if I tried. "Lauren?" Dinah called, reaching out for my hand. I leaned away from it.

"Please God. Why her? Why now does this have to happen" I cried. She sat down in the booth next to me. I laid my head down on my table, the tears just going. "Here baby. Let me hold" Dinah said quietly. I practically threw my arms around her neck. "I d-don't want her to leave" I cried into her shoulder. She just put her chin on my head, rubbing gentle circles on my back. "I'll get you a flight. I promise you will see her alive, baby".

Dinah was singing lightly to me in my ear, still holding me. We hadn't moved from the seat. "I know I can't take back the money. But I just don't wanna finish this tour. I-I can't". She stopped singing and kissed my temple. "We'll make time in between. I'll buy the ticket too". I turned in her arms, laying my forehead on her chest. "You're not coming with me?" She cupped my cheek in her hand, "Do you want me there. I just thought it was a family matter and I don't mean to intrude and we just got back together or are we back together an-". I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers.

"Please go with me. I need you there with me. Camila's with Ally". She smiled and kissed my nose. "They've been together since high school. The family knows her and respects her. Me. I don't know". I know she's scared to go back. But she needs to be there with me. I can't do this alone. And I can't be away from you". She pushed a piece of my hair behind my face. "Then I'll never leave". I wish I could hear that from everyone in my life right now.

Cause I could use some reassurance right now.