Chapter 4 - Gifts

She looked at me with so much shock, her face turning pale white.

"Annabeth, you... you can see me??" I asked, waving a hand in front of her face.

"Of course I... can see you," she said. "How are you alive??"

"I... I'm not," i said, looking down.

She then reaches up to my cheek and slightly moves her hand across my face as if trying to touch it. It felt as if I was hit by air.

"It is you, isn't it?? Not a joke my eyes aer playing on me??" she asked.

I shake my head. "No. its really me. But... barely there," i said.

She grips to the counter to keep herself from falling over. That's when it hit me. I know why she can see me.

"I forgot. You're mom, she's a medium, and.... You have that gift to see ghosts!!" i said, surprised.

She nods. "But... I thought it wore away in freshman year," she said, still shocked.

"I guess it didnt," i said.

I look out, seeing Jolie still in a verge of tears.

"Out of all things i screw up, this one's the worse," i said. "All I want to do is tell Jolie and Kena that 'm sorry, that I want a second chance," i said.

Annabeth looks sad and reaches out, placing her hand in the air where my shoulder is. It felt like warm air.

"Mitch i wish there was a way we culd tell Jolie you're sorry," she said, but then after a while, her eyes lit up.

"That it!! A medium summoning!! Jolie has asked for one from me, maybe I can help you see her," she said.

"What about your mom??" i asked.

"She's retired, but I can still do it as well as she can. I need some time to prepare," she said.

"When is it??" i asked.

"This Saturday," she said.

It all can work. Annabeth helps Jolie communicate with me, and I can apologize. 

"Alright, let's do this," i said, holding my hand up. We high five, despite my hand going through.

"We'll work on it," she said.

"It was good seeing you, Annie," i said.

"It was good sort-of seeing you, too, Mitch," she said.

"Annabeth, do you need any help??" Jolie called.

"I'm fine, just looking for some pans," she made up.

I then decide to go upstairs. 

This had to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update. Been a bit busy finishing up some stories and stuff. I'll be updating this once a week. Thanks for being patient, guys!!

Right now there's a thunderstorm over the house. #LuckerStomp :')

Give me some feedback!! ^.^=