Uggghhhh...gs (Uggs)

That's how you say it, right?

Frickin' Uggs, man. I don't like them. They look hideous. They sound hideous. Ugh.

I was told that Uggs are considered the lazyman's footwear. It's easy to see why. You just slip them on and done. Sure, they look comfy but they concern me. Besides looking like something Kristoff would wear after hiking the snowing mountains, the soles look like cheap rubber. Do they have any traction? Just how is such a bland, flat-footed boot considered fashionable?

"Such simplicity! It embodies the laid-back spirit of the Y generation!"

It's baffling.

But I know why I dislike Uggs. Flat shoes look awful (except the actual flats because they have cute buckles). Take flat sandals for example. No curvature; thin, little straps that loosely wrap around the foot; 2 mm heel--literally they're just sheets of cardboard decorated with colored leather straps.

I like my shoes with some height, curves around the arch, and a strong sole so I don't feel like I'm walking in socks. Uggs...don't have that (although the soles look thick enough. Cheap-looking, but thick). They look like fuzzy potatoes on your feet. People pay money for that?

I also think people should be reminded that Uggs are BOOTS. So why in the world are people wearing Uggs with shorts? Just how the hell does that work? They're wearing something for summer and something for winter AT THE SAME TIME.

...Why? Why is this a thing?

People need to stop.

~

How do you feel about Uggs? Tell me your thoughts in the comments!
Like this rant? Vote to share it with your followers! Thank you!