what exactly is beauty?¿

i know this probably sounds very cliché or something but i don't think beauty is all about looking good and having 'the perfect smile' or long silky hair or whatever.

i think beauty comes from within like the genuinely kind and lovely humans are the most beautiful.

as the brilliant roald dahl said in his book 'the twits'
'A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.'

seriously if you haven't read any books by roald dahl i strongly recommend that you do so because he is fantastic<33

so like that's how i feel about how beauty should be portrayed and also just the little things in life that we all do for example the way someone's facial expressions change and their eyes sparkle a little when they see their crush enter the room or perhaps the way when someone eats a cupcake like if they eat the cherry on the top first or leave it til last and lick the icing off instead or just eat the whole thing quickly because it tastes so good.

or maybe the way someone shuffles sleepily in their fluffy slippers in a morning towards the kettle and pours themselves a steaming mug of tea whilst yawning slightly and scratching their bed hair or even the way that someone flops on their sofa after a long day and puts on their favourite movie and watches it in the dark by themselves as a bit of a self caring ritual and i just love that so much.

not many people realise how much beauty they hold and it's such a sad thing.